facebook

asfda

by: kjhkh

when will we know which sororities are participating in informal recruitment? also, is it hard to get a bid during informal? do most girls get a bid?

Posted By: kjhkh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !   

Sororities will publicize informal recruitment in the spring semester. If you follow the chapters you're interested in on social media, it should be easy to find out, or if you have friends in the chapter you can always ask them. Every chapter is different and it depends on how many women the chapter wants to take.

By: !
by: PanhelDec 15, 2015 12:14:49 PM

Tri Delta and Pi Phi aren't doing it, from what I heard from friends in those chapters. I think KD might also not be, but I'm pretty sure ADPi, AXO and Theta will be

Informal is great. It's less stressful, and easy if you know which chapter you fit into

By: Panhel
by: sororityDec 15, 2015 1:41:56 PM

KD is definitely doing it too! Informal is not any harder than formal. You will still end up in a chapter with girls whose personalities and beliefs resonate the best with you. Best of luck!

By: sorority
#2  by: Poi   

Quick note about informal. Don't do it unless you know people. I did it for a few chapters in the spring and I didn't get a bid, and it feels so much worse being PERSONALLY rejected by a sorority than just not getting invited back during formal recruitment. I went through formal and got my forever home though so everything happens for a reason

By: Poi
by: fsdasdDec 15, 2015 4:23:55 PM

yay poi - so glad it worked out for you! spring recruitment can be tough because the chapters take very few girls and generally a dozen or more will turn out per chapter. but like poi said, don't get frustrated if you don't get a bid in the spring - a bunch of girls in my chapter got bids after going out for both spring and fall! you'll find your home here at uvm!

By: fsdasd
#3  by: Interest   

With total being lowered, I believe that KD, Theta and AXO are doing it. All chapters will only take very few girls if they do because formal was SO big this year, I'm guessing 1-4 girls per chapter. I'd wait for formal recruitment because getting a bid is easier and having a big pledge class is way more fun

By: Interest
by: Good adviceDec 17, 2015 4:18:52 PM

So true! We had a pledge class of single digit women in the spring, and the fun is taken out of it. Big/little is less exciting, and you know fewer people in the chapter. Unless you have friends in it before wait Til formal recruitment

By: Good advice
#4  by: Guest   

If I'm transferring in the spring here should I still do informal?

By: Guest
by: Active Member on Campus Jan 10, 2016 10:36:22 PM

It depends: do you want to get involved on campus right away or do you want to wait and focus on academics for a semester? That's a choice you will have to make for yourself. It's true that at formal recruitment you get a sense for all of the organizations, but informal is way more low key and down to earth. Everything during formal recruitment seems fake and it's hard to meet people and make a snap decision in one weekend. At informal you really get a sense for who the women truly are. If your personality is more reserved and calm: go through informal. If you personality is more energetic and extrovert: go through formal.

By: Active Member on Campus
by: GuestJan 27, 2016 4:12:42 PM

I'd do spring then if you are unsure you could wait for fall and do formal so you have all the options

#5  by: help   

Are any of the top 3 chapters doing spring recruitment?

By: help
by: pJan 24, 2016 9:29:51 PM

there are no top 3 chapters

By: p
by: XoxoJan 25, 2016 11:58:35 PM

They are all pretty decent. This board will make you think one is better than other. All have highs and lows but each one brings something different to the table. You just have to figure out which group best suits you but in the end you will be friends with a lot of girls from different sororities. Don't sweat it so much. Just go with the flow.

By: Xoxo
by: LolJan 27, 2016 4:08:01 PM

Tri delt and Pi phi 100% aren't, they had good retention rates from fall but AXO I think is but I'm not sure if they're publicizing it. I'd email their recruitment chair

Buttttttt if you're thinking "I only want one of the more popular" sororities, I would reconsiders because that is pretty shallow and so not UVM Greek life

By: Lol
by: GuestJan 28, 2016 2:42:09 AM

No one likes Tri delta or Pi phi anyways

by: 4Feb 2, 2016 12:26:56 AM

Don't listen to anyone saying no one likes this or that. They are just being petty and high school. Everyone has friends in every sorority. Find wag at fits you. No one is better or stronger than the other. Only academically.

By: 4

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.