facebook

sorority ranking

by: UVMer

What is the ranking of sororities at uvm? I'm transferring here next semester and i want to do informal. any help would be appreciated!

Posted By: UVMer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: catamount   

AXO/PiPhi
TriDelt/KD
Theta
ADPi

Seems pretty universally agreed upon as far as I can tell.

By: catamount
by: q'sOct 24, 2015 11:19:41 AM

AXO/Pi Phi - for sure top
Tri Delt - not far below but upper mid tier
KD/Theta - middle/lower middle
ADPi - bottom
______

GDI's

By: q's
by: asdfghOct 26, 2015 2:21:15 PM

i really think these blurbs are incorrect...

axo isn't relevant for spring recruitment regardless of whether or not they are off probation because they have 15 more girls than quota. they won't hold informal.
piphi most likely won't be holding informal either. they recruited 36 girls and retained all of them. concerned with appearances, but admittedly very attractive and popular on campus.
tridelt may or may not hold informal, because so many of their girls are dropping due to bullying issues. they recruited about 40 girls, and retained about 35 of them. very weak sisterhood.
kd recruited 36 girls and retained 34. they will most likely have informal, as they are a few under quota. this chapter is getting stronger despite being new.
theta will most likely be having informal, as they recruited only 28 girls. interesting mix, plenty of nice girls, but a lot of cliques.
adpi will definitely be having informal. they are never able to reach quota. like the OP said, a sorority for girls who can't find their fit elsewhere.

By: asdfgh
#2  by: Fyi   

Most houses won't do informal this year due to large fall pledge classes, likely only 2-3 chapters will in the spring so rankings won't help you much

By: Fyi
by: To transferOct 27, 2015 8:21:26 AM

If you're concerned with being in a top tier house, wait for formal recruitment in the fall

By: To transfer
#3  by: agreed   

I would go with the "catamountcountry" and the "blurbs". Really is the nicest/easiest way to explain the groups without tearing them down. I would add that AXO also has a mix of laid back "one of the guys" type of girls, TriDelt has a large portion of really preppy girls, and Theta is nice, tends to stick to themselves a lot, always claim to focus on academics.

By: agreed
by: I agreeOct 27, 2015 3:00:17 PM

We don't need to say negative things

By: I agree
#4  by: UVM   

I would suggest waiting until formal recruitment if you want to see all of the chapters for yourself, or doing informal if you maybe meet a few girls you really get along with. After this years fall recruitment if you really want a "rank" it would be something like
AXO/PiPhi/TriDelta
Theta/KD/ADPi
The chapters are so different here it's hard to put them in an exact order because you personally make like certain things over another. There's the 3 top, and the 3 that aren't top. A lot of chapters did better than they have in the past and some didn't so that's really it. And then they all differ accordingly.

By: UVM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.