facebook

Paying for stuff

by: Chi

Just heard a tri delt say she spent $800 on things for her little . . . Ur telling me ur chapters aren't providing that for you? You gotta do it out of pocket? AND ur dues are that high and don't cover it? That's crazy. non-all-inclusive dues must suck

Posted By: Chi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: littles   

ya it’s annoying you have to pay out of pocket but at least in my chapter a bunch of the merch is hand me downs or extras from different events and then anything else u get is out of pocket and def expensive but i never heard of anyone spending more than $100

By: littles
#2  by: Um   

As far as I'm aware most sororities have like $100 limits or similar because some people get carried away. Most people just give handme downs and make stuff, then buy a few things extra like candy. If someone spent $800 on their little that's their choice to make assuming their chapter has no limits. If it has limits they're probably going to get in trouble over it

By: Um
by: EMSep 29, 2023 11:52:23 AM

My chapter doesn't have a limit but it's also all completely covered for us and I didn't spend anything out of pocket. As a college student paying my own bills and dues I cannot imagine dropping money in that stuff

By: EM
#3  by: big    

"only" $100! That is still outrageous

By: big
by: SeriouslyOct 8, 2023 10:39:43 AM

Sororities aren't cheap. It's a private social club like country clubs etc. It's not exactly news it costs money to be involved in one. It's like walking into Prada and being salty they're not TJ Maxx prices. Heck even joining a sports team can be expensive/exclusive too. It's not for everyone

By: Seriously

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.