facebook

Bid given before recruitment?

by: PNM

My friend and I agreed to go through recruitment together this fall. We were just talking about recruitment and she told me she isn't worried because she met some axis over the summer who dirty rushed her and told her she's already getting a bid. I'm happy for her but that seems so unfair. They haven't even gotten to meet me yet but now I'm afraid if sororities here dirty rush a lot there won't be spaces left for me by the time we get to recruitment

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uh    

No sorority at UVM “dirty rushes”. People need to realize Greek life at UVM isn’t like Alabama. sororities don’t even think about dirty rushing because Greek life is so small here.

By: Uh
by: PNMAug 15, 2023 9:49:11 AM

The sisters literally told her she already had a bid and she was definitely in . . . I don't feel like she'd lie to me about that since we were both going into it together

By: PNM
by: BreadAug 17, 2023 8:55:03 AM

Axo does dirty rush . . . Obviously they won't say it out loud or like tell panhel but they do and we all know it. You don't have to be a big Greek school to dirty rush

By: Bread
#2  by: Car   

Girls in my rush group talked all week about how they where only going to be in pi phi and new they would because girls in it told them they would, so pref morning/bid day they only ranked pi phi, so many of them didn’t get bids and didn’t end up in a sorority at all. Girls might tell others to rush, but individuals have very little say in who gets a bid and who dosent.

By: Car
#3  by: Road   

My roommate from last year is an active in a so called “top sorority” and she knew no one going into rush, much less the reputation of the sororities and which one she should “rush”. You’ll be fine, girls do help some girls they know get into their sorority, but pledge classes aren’t pre decided going into rush like at some southern schools, just be yourself and what happens happens.

By: Road
#4  by: Road   

My roommate from last year is an active in a so called “top sorority” and she knew no one going into rush, much less the reputation of the sororities and which one she should “rush”. You’ll be fine, girls do help some girls they know get into their sorority, but pledge classes aren’t pre decided going into rush like at some southern schools, just be yourself and what happens happens.

By: Road
#5  by: Straw   

Unless you suicide bid one sorority on pref day, you’re getting a bid. Unless you bring up like one of the forbidden topics (boys, drinking, politics etc) you’re getting a bid to a sorority. Getting dropped all the way from rush is so unbelievably rare here.

By: Straw
#6  by: AW   

Pi phi girls told me I'd def get a bid from them when I met them at a party this weekend but is that really against the rules? If they like me and I like them it shouldn't be that big a deal

By: AW
by: WallAug 27, 2023 9:23:57 PM

Besides the fact that they aren’t supposed to be out and panhel will probably get them in trouble over it it just gives kinda an unfair advantage. Also them “saying that” dosent garantee anything, all it takes is like two senior memebers to not want you to go through the next round and your dropped

By: Wall

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.