facebook

cob recruitment

by: me

I saw a post further down that says that all the sororities will be doing more recruiting this semester. If this is true...should I email the houses I'm interested in and ask about meeting up and talking?

What about the houses that dropped me during formal recruitment? Would they still be interested in hearing from me even though they did drop me?

Posted By: me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uvm6   

You can only join a sorority informally if you did not sign a bud agreement on the morning of preference. If you did sign that agreement, you have to wait til next year.

That being said, definitely reach out if you dropped out of recruitment before signing the agreement. Most of the sororities will be happy to set up a time to speak with you. This won't necessarily lead to a bid, but it's worth a conversation at least.

By: Uvm6
by: meSep 28, 2016 5:05:34 PM

Yeah I know. I didn't sign a bid. I ended up dropping out of recruitment, but I'm still really interested in joining.

By: me
#2  by: usually   

usually sororities doing cob have rule that only girls who didnt participate in formal recruitment can participate in cob

By: usually
by: dsafasSep 28, 2016 7:07:11 PM

This is definitely not true. The sororities I know of try to recruit from girls who dropped out of formal.

By: dsafas
by: ...Sep 28, 2016 7:35:15 PM

My friend got an email from a sorority asking her to consider joining and she dropped out of recruitment, so definitely not true

By: ...
by: ??Oct 1, 2016 10:26:06 AM

Who did she get an email from?!

By: ??
#3  by: you   

ADPi Theta and maybe KD are reaching out to girls, but I'd email to AXO, Pi Phi and Tri D about joining because they have fewer spots to fill and probably wont reach out themselves

By: you
by: ?Oct 1, 2016 6:01:22 PM

lol axo needs a lot of girls thats not true

By: ?
by: lolOct 1, 2016 9:52:32 PM

Everyone needs more members except maybe Tri Delta.

By: lol
#4  by: Guest   

When do we find out about spring recruitment?

By: Guest
by: LNov 16, 2016 1:23:18 PM

Chapters will put on social media in the first month of school usually

By: L

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.