facebook

why were pledge classes so small this year

by: what

why are they only taking like 20 girls this year?? what happened?? there were like 300 girls who rushed i dont get it. last year most sororities took 30, 35+ and there were only 200 girls rushing. Something is up

Posted By: what
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: jjj   

By the time all of the girls going through recruitment decided to stay or drop there were only 140 new members on preference morning. Only 207 new members started out, not 300.

By: jjj
#2  by: Guest   

The sororities could only take a certain number given by panhel. Recruitment was so small this year. It sucks because awesome girls who would've gotten a top three chapter otherwise didn't get one

By: Guest
by: rllySep 28, 2016 1:38:42 PM

i was told a lot of chapters needed more girls to fill quota but didnt get enough because something went wrong with the system

By: rlly
#3  by: Guest   

Why didn't they fix the system error then!? I can't believe so many people got put in their second choices because of this.

#4  by: Guest   

Each chapter needs to get an about equal amount of girls in their pledge class, so this year the number was 21-26. It wasn't an error, it was a numbers thing. Its based on how many girls are still in recruitment the last day.

If you still want to join a chapter, see if the one you wanted is doing COB or informal

#5  by: Guest   

When will we find out about spring recruitment?

#6  by: :::   

I want to know too. Or should I wait for fall recruitment?

By: :::
by: :::Nov 17, 2016 8:31:38 AM

Spring recruitment is great if you know what chapter(s) you really like! Its a lot less stressful and doesnt take nearly as much of your time up. However, If you dont know anything about the chapters personally I would say wait till fall when you can meet them all for yourself.

By: :::
#7  by: --   

Also a lot more chapters are doing spring recruitment this year than usual so it may be a good option for people who want to see multiple chapters but don't want the stress of a formal recruitment!

By: --
by: ...Nov 26, 2016 1:44:25 PM

Who is doing spring recruitment?

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.