facebook

should i go to utah

by: Texas

I’m thinking about going to Utah for college but I’m skeptical because I don’t know about the social scene. What kind of social things do you do at night? Are fraternities big, how much of the campus is in one and is it mostly Mormon?

Posted By: Texas
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Utes   

If you love to ski then definitely come here. The social scene is not like other schools, especially in the PAC-12. Greek life is tiny and if youre not in it then you're most likely "partying" w Mormons. Partys go till 11:30 Pm, social scene is definitely lacking here.

By: Utes
#2  by: :)   

Greek life is definitely smaller here and the parties are pretty unimpressive compared to frats in the South, but I definitely wouldn’t say they end at 11:30 pm hahahaha. If you’re not in Greek life there are plenty of people to party with if you’re not mormon. They’re easiest to find if you live in Chapel Glen or Sage Point.

By: :)
#3  by: sko   

Social scene is good despite what the first person said. Greek life throws a lot of it and big parties aren't hard to find thurs-saturday. Ksig also throws wine Wednesdays every week which are pretty fun. If you know someone whos upperclassmen/ not living in the dorms esp if they're a guy then there's always house parties and all the sports teams (D1 and club) throw too. As for mormon crowd you really don't notice it much, especially if you live in the dorms. People who don't drink keep to themselves vs the ones who do have a lot of circles who do drink. If you are worried about the party scene don't, Utah's a hidden gem that most people don't realize because of the mormons.

By: sko

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.