facebook

details about dues

by: anxious :/

So after visiting Meet the Greeks, I plan on rushing this spring. One quick question, the dues that are listed for each sorority.. are those paid in one lump sum amount, or through payments throughout the semester.. or does it vary by sorority?

Posted By: anxious :/
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Go greek   

Hi. It depends on the sorority. Most sororities do it in one lump some per semester; however, you can always make an agreement with the sister who deals with dues to come up with a payment plan. Every sorority should be more than welcome to help you pay your dues!

Now get off this site :p

By: Go greek
#2  by: truth   

Go Greek answered most of your question but I'd like to mention that not every cost is included in the dues. While it's nothing excessive or sinister (t-shirts, gifts to shower your little in, etc), and I was able to handle the cost just fine, but there are people out there who can't. Money is a very common reason for dropping out of Greek life so just keep that in mind. Sisterhood ain't cheap.

By: truth
#3  by: Money    

I had the same concern going through rush. The sorority i joined lets you chose to pay in installments or in lump sum. So do a few of the others. Also if it is an issue you can def talk to your pledge mom and she can help you come up with a plan that works.

Also not all costs are included, but they are manageable.

By: Money
#4  by: panhel love! <3   

do NOT be afraid to ask if a house has payment plans during recruitment, especially after the first time you talk to a house.

By: panhel love! <3
by: NoDec 22, 2015 11:54:51 PM

DO NOT TALK ABOIT MONEY TO THE HOUSES. You can ask your rho game if you have concerns but houses will think it is weird if you talk to them about money and dues

By: No
#5  by: Greek   

I agree with "no". Talking about money is a bad idea

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.