facebook

is dz suspended?

by: h2pitt

Anyone know what’s up with DZ? I heard they’re suspended from everything for hazing and not just on sopro

Posted By: h2pitt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pitt   

Suspension of registration. So they aren't allowed to operate at all right now

By: Pitt
#2  by: PittDZ   

I received this email from DZ Nationals this morning -

It is with regret that we share with you that Delta Zeta’s Omicron Chapter at the University of Pittsburgh has been placed on an Interim Suspension of Registration by the university, including a cease and desist order of all chapter activities as part of an investigation for alleged violations of University Code of Conduct, including hazing. Delta Zeta’s National Council has also placed the chapter on probation, pending investigation, including a statement of support for the cease and desist issued by the university.

The national organization has no further information about the incident from the university at this time. We have expressed our desire to work in partnership with the university on this matter, as hazing has no place in our organization.

By: PittDZ
by: ??Feb 15, 2020 9:17:42 AM

no sister in any sorority would post information regarding what is happening inside their organization like this and especially not on this site.

By: ??
by: MaybelleFeb 15, 2020 12:34:05 PM

That had to have been posted by a sister. All Omicrons, past and present, received a copy and an outsider wouldn’t have access to it. National does not condone hazing and Is cooperating fully with Pitt. I understand that a small group of sisters were involved and will be dealt with appropriately.

By: Maybelle
#3  by: ??   

no i am a past sister and did not get this email. who are you? are you a sister? stop spreading information that you know nothing about. it is no one’s business. we all want to know what is going on but even DZs do not know.

By: ??
by: MaybelleFeb 16, 2020 12:19:40 PM

I don’t know why you didn’t get a letter but, unfortunately, it’s true. I am an Omicron alum. I lived in rooms 208 and 202, I was on the Exec Board that initiated the then-new Duquesne chapter, I was an active when one of the pledges was depledged for posing for Playboy. That’s all I can think to tell you since I’m not going to post any Ritual info online. I’m truly sorry you had to hear about it on here. Is your info up to date with Nationals? Maybe you could contact them about getting a copy of the letter or at least more info. DZLAM

By: Maybelle
#4  by: PittDZ   

Believe me now, “??” ?

#5  by: PittDZ   

FYI, This posting is from the original poster with this name who is, BTW, an Omicron chapter alumnae from the 1970's. I did not make the above post taunting another poster in this thread. It appears that someone is trying to start an argument between sisters when there was none. Grow up!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.