facebook

what happened to chi omega???

by: JennyCC

Disclaimer: yes, I am old and I stumbled on this site by accident. Don't hold it against me.

I am a Chi Omega who graduated from Pitt waaaaaaaaaaay back in 1992 (yeah, before most of you were born. Told you I was old) and my daughter is a sophomore at Pitt. I offered to fill out a Legacy form for her and she declined, saying that it wouldn't hurt or help her and she didn't want other sororities to think she'd only consider ChiO

I've read the reviews of my chapter on here and spoken to some of my sisters who keep in the loop at Pitt and I'm shocked at how Chi Omega is perceived. Not to be arrogant, but we were the top of the top sorority at Pitt then. Never had to snap bid or have winter rush; always at ceiling; had our pick of the best girls. Now it seems like it's irrelevant at best, dismissed at worst.

What the hell has happened to my sorority? Seriously, I would love to read some honest insight from the people who are at Pitt now. Thanks!

Posted By: JennyCC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not a Chi O   

I'm in another sorority but you're making Chi O sound horrible now... which they are definitely not. Chi O always does well in recruitment and has a great sisterhood. I don't know what you've been hearing really but I can tell you that we get a long well with the girls on floor 4!

By: Not a Chi O
#2  by: X   

There's nothing wrong with chi o. That being said, there is something weird about a 40 something soccer mom hanging around on a site about Greek life--something she should have gotten over 20 years ago. That doesn't reflect too well on the house...hmm

By: X
#3  by: JennyCC   

My daughter is rushing this fall and I was interested in how the houses are perceived now. Why is that weird? How does that not reflect too well on the house? hmm?

By: JennyCC
#4  by: Cynda   

It's not weird, JennyCC. I'd be curious too if I had a daughter going through recruitment. Not sure how it would reflect poorly on the house. Some people think that a person is greek only for the four years they're at college (or, in X's case, six years) and don't take into account that there is life as an alumna! And by the way, ChiO is still top tier.

By: Cynda
#5  by: umno   

Chi O is definitely not top tier, not even solid middle tier. sorry to burst that bubble.

By: umno
#6  by: Pitt   

Girl you sound old and bitter.

By: Pitt

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.