facebook

dz?

by: freshman

I want to pledge DZ. I was wondering how hard they haze and what you have to do to get in? Also, are these girl real or fake because I hear all these crazy stories about fighting at mixers and crying at parties. HELP!

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: thetruth   

no sororities at pitt haze to any extent. the thing is, other sororities make up stories about their rival sororities to just make them look bad and get a leg up in rush. the most any sorority will ask you to do is answer questions regarding information you need to know about the sorority to pass the national exam, such as the founding date and names of founders. if that's considered hazing then idk what definition of hazing you people are looking at. everyone and their mother has cried while drunk. beer tears are common when it comes to girls in college. it's not like DZ is fighting with each other... beer tears are probably over boys. i suggest you keep an open mind when going into rush, but DZ is definitely a top house and a great sorority to join :)

By: thetruth
by: LolSep 15, 2013 3:44:42 PM

This is a blatant lie. Of course some sororities haze--I'm in one that does.

By: Lol
by: PittDeltaZeeSep 16, 2013 12:50:20 PM

Then shame on you for putting up with it when you were a NM and double shame on you if you're allowing it to happen to the NMs you have now.

By: PittDeltaZee
#2  by: Krt251   

Well I've been at Pitt for what 3 weeks now, and I've already heard of the purple market thing you have to do for tri sigma

By: Krt251
#3  by: itainteasy   

lol keep it pretty for panhel girls. tri sig girls are terrifying and I loved dz, I wish they weren't so mean to pledges.

By: itainteasy
#4  by: Lol   

I mean dz is a great house for you if you care exclusively about being hot and partying. The girls hate each other, the hazing is terrible and most of the girls are genuinely not nice people. Just like, in general.

By: Lol
#5  by: why   

why do you want dz? recruitment hasnt even started yet..

By: why
#6  by: PittDeltaZee   

Welll (did I get the number of "l"s correct?), No one has dropped because of hazing since I've been at Pitt. Maybe that's what they told you or maybe you just came up with it on your own. Or maybe they considered study hours and NM meetings to be hazing. Not everyone can (or wants to) handle a busy schedule on top of a full classload. All I can tell you is how things have been since I got to Pitt. If what you're speaking of went on before 2011, I can't say one way or another.

by: Welll Sep 16, 2013 4:23:06 PM

This was my freshman year, so fall 2010. It may be untrue now, but all I'm saying is what was told to me back then.

By: Welll
by: okayOct 8, 2013 8:12:10 AM

Welll - that never happened in fall 2010. It was untrue then, and it's untrue now.

By: okay
#7  by: PittDeltaZee   

Oh geez, that makes it sound like there is some conspiracy in place to protect information about pre-2011! I only meant to say that I pledged in 2011 so I don't know about anything that may have happened before that!

#8  by: wellllllllllllllllll   

can we get real and give some people some current info? it's fall 2013 and with all the problems in greek life, fraternities getting kicked off the hill and close to losing their charter, and sororities getting in trouble for drinking last year. Why would we risk hurting our rep or getting in trouble to haze freshman more than the average "get me coffee, report for study hours, wear this or that"?

By: wellllllllllllllllll
#9  by: tftc   

clearly "welll" is a geed.

By: tftc
#10  by: Greek   

DZ doesn't haze. Tri Sig doesn't do the purple marker. You guys are sad if you believe this nonsense.

PNM, you don't get to "rush" DZ, it's not like fraternity recruitment. You more or less have to give all of the sororities a chance unless you're doing spring and only some are open. Don't focus on the rumors, it won't help you. Try getting to know the sisters.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.