facebook

drinking

by: freshman

im going to pitt this fall and thinking of joining a sorority. I feel like greek life has a lot to offer that i would be interested in (social, charitable, and academic opportunities). However, while I like to go out and go to parties, Im not a huge drinker. Just curious, would you say there is a lot of pressure within the sorority to drink? Or is it common for girls to go out and not drink, or only have one or two?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wellll   

It depends on the house. I know SDT and Deepher are very low pressure, but I'm going to be honest with you, a lot of the other houses expect you to drink and to drink a lot. Greek life does have a lot of benefits though, but just keep that in mind during recruitment--and a lot of houses will likely not be up front about that.

By: Wellll
#2  by: Ive been there   

The above is actually not true. there are a few houses that will expect you to drink, but I rushed and never drank in high school and the house that I joined (which is neither sdt or dphie) never pressured me to drink. I love all of the girls and when I made the decision to drink later on in my second semester I never felt any pressure and found that I had sisters who had my back and looked out for me when I first started drinking. Whether or not you drink is your prerogative, you can bring it up during recruitment with the girls you talk to and you will be able to tell whether the house is for you or not! Best of luck when you go through recruitment!

By: Ive been there
#3  by: J   

While that's kind of true, we're not allowed to discuss drinking during recruitment. My house did make us drink (which I didn't mind) but a couple of girls in my pc were pretty mad about it. Some even dropped. Just be careful I guess

By: J

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.