facebook

fraternity descriptions / discussion

by: BRUH

APES: A fraternity of mostly guys that came from a chapter that got kicked off here at pitt. It is not a nationally recognized fraternity. Brothers are a mixed bunch, meh.

Beta Theta Pi: A pretty new fraternity. Average to small sized brotherhood. Some would consider most of them as "try hards". Pretty decent over all.

Delta Chi: Definitely the smart fraternity on campus. Pretty sure the average gpa for their chapter is a 3.5 which is highly impressive. If you're looking to join a fraternity that primarily focuses on grades and philanthropy, it's a good choice. If partying and good socials is somewhat important to you, not really. Mixers suck.

Delta Phi: Honestly don't know much about them. Not involved with greek life at all. If you like the brothers, join them, but it's going to be more like a club.

Delta Sigma Phi: The best way to describe them is average in every single way.

Kappa Sigma: See them around campus a lot.Definately a bit over rated but decent overall. Pretty sure they have over 100 active brothers which honestly is a negative in my opinion.

Phi Delta Theta: Have the stereotype of being the douchey fraternity, and they live up to it. Don't do much on campus. MIxers are eh.

Phi Kappa Theta: Average sized brotherhood. Fun mixers and fun brothers but don't do much philanthropy etc. Definitely more of the party fraternity.

Pi Kappa Phi: Average. Average. Average.

Posted By: BRUH
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: BRUH   

Part 2
-----------
Delta Tau Delta: Honestly the most average fraternity on campus. Getting kicked off their hill house though so RIP.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon: Recharted on campus after being kicked off. They are not allowed to have a pledging process. Interesting to see if they make it.

Sigma Alpha Mu: Probably the most mixed bag of brothers. Ranges from frat stars to "nerdy". I've never really been to our mixers with them so don't have much to say.

Sigma Chi: Pretty decent. Dominate intramural sports for the most part.

Sigma Phi Epsilon: Small chapter. Needs to get their name out more, low profile.

Tau Kappa Epsilon: Never had a mixer with them. Don't really fit in. I'd say join TKE if you're pretty nerdy but still want to have a fraternity experience.

Triangle: An engineering fraternity. Pretty interesting group of guys. Fun.

Zeta Beta Tau: An extremely small fraternity. Not really sure if they are going to make it unless they get a sizeable pledge class. Never mixed with them.

Overall
----------
Honestly 90% of the fraternities on this campus are the same. They just all focus differently on three priorities: grades, philanthropy, partying. Join the brothers you click with the most, not their reputation on campus. Reputations change every year while you are brothers with these guys for four. That being said, this was made to help narrow down the options during rush week since you can only really rush 1-3 efficiently.

By: BRUH
#2  by: hang on   

i don't think you can really judge each fraternity on their mixers...i have more fun at mixers where i know more brothers, so to say that a fraternity's "mixers suck" isn't really fair because every sorority girl is going to have a different opinion on mixers.

you just said "join the brothers you click with the most, not their reputation on campus" but called half of the chapters "average" and "meh," giving these readers an idea of their reputation. every chapter has great guys and not so great guys.

By: hang on
#3  by: Hmm   

This is a pretty fair judgement

By: Hmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.