facebook

transfer

by: Informal Recruitment

I am considering transferring to uva in the fall as a second year. Do many of the sororities participate in informal fall recruitment? And if not, which ones usually do?

Posted By: Informal Recruitment
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: transfer   

I'm wondering the same thing

By: transfer
#2  by: Uhm   

Informal rush isn't allowed, so you won't get any answers here.

By: Uhm
#3  by: wondering   

^ will it be hard to rush in the spring as a transfer second-year

By: wondering
by: @wonderingFeb 8, 2015 10:31:34 AM

I rushed in the spring as a second year transfer. Your options will definitely be more limited, but you will be fine. If you want to rush informal, you will have to wait and see which Chapters are doing it, which just depends on who needs to still meet quota and varies each year. This past year, only SigDelt and Tri-Sig did it. It will be better to just wait until spring, go through formal, and see where you land.

By: @wondering
#4  by: transfer   

during formal rush, which sororities are most and least likely to accept second year transfers? would tri delta or pi phi be attainable?

by: @transferFeb 9, 2015 11:07:02 AM

Most likely: Gamma Phi, SDT
Tri Delt and pi phi will likely only take 2 or 3 at the VERY MOST.

By: @transfer
by: greekpersonFeb 9, 2015 11:14:26 AM

Gamma Phi, SDT, and Tri-Sig (if they do formal next year) will take 2nd years, although I've heard tell that Gamma Phi will most likely take less than in years past. Pi Phi and Tri-Delt will most likely take two-four, which out of 1000+ girls is going to be hard to obtain.

By: greekperson
by: transferFeb 10, 2015 12:30:03 PM

thank you for the info!! what about chances at more mid-tier sororities like AXO and DZ?

by: @transferFeb 11, 2015 10:03:46 AM

It will be easier than trying to get into Pi Phi or TriDelt, but still not easy. They'll take a few more but not that many. More and more first years are rushing every year so it becomes harder and harder for second years to get their spots.

#5  by: transfer   

what could i do as a second year transfer student to make myself stand out and get into a sorority that i like? any tips?

by: @transferFeb 14, 2015 2:10:51 PM

Honestly, just be yourself. At the end of the day, they can only take a certain number of second years, period, no matter how much they like you. You could be a perfectly awesome candidate as a sister but if there's even one or two people out of the 1100+ girls that rush who are also second years and have better connections with the girls in the sorority or were ranked higher by even .2 of a point, you're not going to get in no matter how great you are. It's just the way the system works. It sucks, but it's true. Out of the sororities that take 2nd years, Gamma Phi is the best you'll get. They end up getting a lot of the second years that would have gone to better houses had they rushed as first years. Although as previously stated, rumor has it they may even be taking less next year. It's the luck of the draw, girl.

by: transferFeb 14, 2015 10:10:58 PM

thank you so much for your help! i feel like i have a better understanding of the system now. you're right that it's always best to just be yourself and then i'm sure everything will fall into place.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.