facebook

junior transfer and fraternities

by: Tim

I'm transferring to UVA as a junior from community college. I plan to graduate as a fifth year senior, and greek life has always been something I'm interested in. Should I look into rushing at UVA or no?

Posted By: Tim
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wahoo   

really depends on you and your personality. I assume you have a good GPA to transfer to UVA, but be involved in stuff to be more attractive to them. You won't be able to get into a top tier house, but depending on how you fit, you might be able to. It is pretty rare, but it is also rare for a transfer to be interested in it.

By: Wahoo
#2  by: Take a Chance   

Take a chance and rush! There will definitely be houses that would take you and care a lot less about what year you are. Some houses are more restricted by their National organization about taking women who will only be able to be a sister for a limited number of years. Rushing is a memorable experience though and you'll make lots of friends along the way regardless! Houses will appreciate that you cared enough to make the effort and depending on how well you get along with the women at a particular chapter, you may get a bid at the perfect place for you :)

By: Take a Chance
by: umMay 4, 2014 1:31:20 AM

Tim's a guy looking at fraternities...

By: um
by: TimMay 4, 2014 11:54:10 AM

Yeah, like um said, I'm a guy. Still a chance?

By: Tim
#3  by: Tim   

Anybody else?

By: Tim
by: well...May 10, 2014 1:20:39 AM

the other question to ask is, is it worth it to join a frat just for 2 years? that's assuming most frats do informal fall rush to begin with, if not, you'll have to rush in the spring, where you'll be up against first years and a scattering of of second years. it's very, very rare for a third year to get a bid, you can try but keep your expectations very very low. you definitely won't get a bit from a "top tier" frat, you might get a bid from a few at the bottom end of the frat food chain who need to beef up their membership. and that's if your lucky.

sorry, just being honest.

By: well...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.