facebook

how about we get some actual uva sorority rankings

by: mags

Everyone knows that the perpetuated 80's tier system is bs. Different people want different Greek experiences and therefore will like different sororities. Don't give me the regurgitated nonsense: tell me about you (just a quick blurb about the kind of person you are) and then tell me YOUR individual original tier system in your order of preference.

Posted By: mags
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: yourranksucks   

Good sororities: tridelt, sigma kappa.

Sucky sororities: all the rest.

So long and goodnight.

By: yourranksucks
by: lolDec 3, 2013 11:03:56 AM

funniest post all year

By: lol
#12  by: greekie   

About me: I'm a Greek 3rd year bio major. In no order here are my personal tiers:
Love- AXO, DZ, SK
Like- DDD, PBP, XO
No Opinion- ADPi, DG, KAO, KKG
Hate- APhi, GPhi, KD, SDT, SSS, ZTA

By: greekie
by: justhowifeelDec 1, 2013 11:06:22 PM

How could anyone hate KDs and GPhis?! They're so nice to everyone!! And trisigs are so harmless. Whyy.

By: justhowifeel
#13  by: justhowifeel   

I am: a 4th year; a stats and econ double major; a coca cola scholar….

1st: Gphi, KD, AXO, Piphi, tridelt, Adpi, XO. 2nd: DZ, SK, SDT, SSS, ZTA. 3rd: DG, KAT, KKG, APhi.

I think I'm just ranking them based on niceness...

By: justhowifeel
#14  by: imo   

I'm a 3rd year, I do a lot of volunteering, and I'm in the Comm school.
My top tier: SK, ACO, Theta, CO
My middle tier: Tri Delt, DZ, PiPhi, DG, ADPi, Kappa
My bottom tier: ZTA, KD, APhi, SDT, GPhi, SSS

By: imo
#15  by: sorority   

people should keep responding to this.. I like seeing real perspectives on different sororities as opposed to one repeated list where everyone moves 1 or 2 sororities up or down

By: sorority
#16  by: 4th yr comm   

Top: DDD PBP AP DZ Middle: KKG DG KD ZTA KAT AXO Bottom: SK GPB CO ADP SDT SSS

By: 4th yr comm
#17  by: fallrushee   

I am: A DZ. I'm only going to rank the 6 sororities I saw when I rushed in the fall…

#1: DZ. Obviously.

#2: Gamma Phi. Be surprised or don't be. They paid for my food on the lunch date, unlike ZTA.

#3: Zeta. A super great group of girls. I'd have been honored to get a bid from them, but their dues are so sky high.

#4 ADPi. Cute girls, but I just didn't click.

#5 Chi O. Just not my bag of tea, and kind of boring.

#6 Trisig. Sorry ladies, I know you try.

By: fallrushee
#18  by: hmm   

4th year, nursing, rushed 1st year but didn't join any sororitys. basing mine off how much I like the girls I've met in each one (kindness, involvement, attractiveness)

TOP: DDD, PBP, DZ, SK
MID: AP, ZTA, AXO, KKG, KAT, KD
BOTTOM: DG, XO, GPB, SDT, SSS, ADP

By: hmm
by: hmm 2.0Dec 7, 2013 11:47:03 PM

4th yr also but econ/soc here.

TOP: DDD, PBP, DZ
MID: AP, ZTA, SK, AXO, KKG, KAT, DG
BOTTOM: KD, XO, GPB, ADP, SDT, SSS

By: hmm 2.0
#19  by: whyamidoingthis   

Can't believe I'm actually deigning to take time to respond to this, but I have to agree. I think I know who the Gphi who keeps posting here is, and all I have to say is that I appreciate you defending your sorority, but when you make an album of hot girls in your sorority and use it to explain why your sorority is "good," I think you're missing the point. These ranks are arbitrary and ridiculous, and it doesn't look good to be overly-obsessed with them (perhaps this high school-esque mentality is one of the reasons so few girls registered for recruitment?) Gphi has a lot of intelligent girls, and it surprises me that they're so terribly concerned with this site and how they are perceived by others. I always thought they were above that.

I'm in another sorority, and I don't care if some cruel girls from "upper tier" sororities stereotype my sisters as being weird or less attractive (and I certainly wouldn't put together a small album trying to prove them wrong. That's not going to work). t don't care if douchebags from an "upper tier" frat don't mix with us for that reason. I joined Greek life (and stayed in it) for the sisterhood, not all the bs that comes along with the system.

It's great to have pride for your sorority, but after a certain point, it looks desperate. You guys are better than that.

By: whyamidoingthis
by: likeagphiDec 8, 2013 12:30:09 PM

I answered a prompt asking what I thought about sororities in my own opinion, and another commentor attacked me for putting my sorority first by trying to tell me we aren't pretty.
The album was easy to put together and obvious proof against what the girl was saying because it shows my sisters, gorgeous like they are, having fun.

I appreciate what you're saying in trying to put me above and all, but I wanted to respond to that girl, if only to show others that don't know and might be swayed by her opinion that she's wrong. Sue me?

By: likeagphi
#20  by: whyamidoingthis   

I just think there are some people who are going to dislike certain sororities because they follow an antiquated tier system (usually, these are the people who tend to do well by said system). No matter how many pretty girls you show them, they'll have an anecdote about that one time they saw someone wearing letters looking less than stellar. My point is, you can't really change their minds. But by justifying (even in part) your placement of your sorority because of the attractiveness of girls in your pledge class, you continue to perpetuate the awful idea that the quality of a sorority is directly correlated with how hot the girls in it are.

Just forget about ranks (and this is not directed specifically at you). It's so juvenile. If you think your sorority is awesome (and I'm sure it is), then help it continue to be awesome by being awesome. If you care about people noticing, eventually, they'll notice. Posting incessantly on Greekrank about how awesome you are is decidedly not awesome. With all due respect.

By: whyamidoingthis
by: likeagphiDec 8, 2013 1:10:08 PM

I'm responding to people that are messaging at me?

By: likeagphi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.