facebook

how to go about informal rush

by: w

not sure if it’s too early but how should i prepare for informal? Should i text my friends now saying I’m interested in their sorority or is it still too early?

p.s which sororities are doing informal anyway if anyone knows?

Posted By: w
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

informal isn't happening this year for most of chapters
I think only SK, KD and SSS are doing informal

By: no
by: idkMay 31, 2019 8:54:17 PM

i really don’t know for certain but a couple of my friends in different sororitys said they expected more to do informal bc so many girls dropped out of formal this year

By: idk
by: droppedJun 1, 2019 8:15:34 AM

uva needs more sororities that are actually good. people dropped because they didn't want to be in a crappy chapter full of girls that are nothing like them at all

By: dropped
#2  by: informal   

the isc is raising quota so I think a lot of sororities are doing informal this year. I’m not in one of the 3 sororities listed, but we are doing informal (most likely) and we already have a long list of potential girls that we are going to interview for informal. def reach out to the sorority or anyone you know in that sorority if you want to join

By: informal
by: hopefulJun 1, 2019 10:09:08 AM

it’s not too early to reach out? I let a couple girls know in the spring that I was interested but was planning on asking again in July or early August about informal

By: hopeful
#3  by: done   

My chapter already has our list of informal rushees narrowed down to about 15. We will choose from there.

By: done
by: :(Jun 3, 2019 11:51:25 AM

are they set lists or can we still text girls we know

By: :(
by: Sorority girl Jun 3, 2019 7:15:21 PM

don’t get your hopes up. A lot of them don’t even know if they’re doing informal (including my chapter) let alone have their finalized list. There will eventually be a set list, but there’s prob a little wiggle room right now.

By: Sorority girl
by: nopeJun 3, 2019 7:18:07 PM

Most people already reached out to girls in my chapter to get on the informal rush list its probs too late now

By: nope
#4  by: Uva    

I am not in one of the three listed above and my sorority is doing informal. Usually sororities will post about it on their social media accounts (ex. Insta and Facebook) also if you have any girls you know in a sorority they can keep you up to date or give your contact to other girls in different sororities! Or at least that is what my sorority does, from what I am reading here it seems some are a little less welcoming and you may need an invite/reach out to them. Don’t stress though because plenty of sororities wait to informal rush. Though I know plenty of girls who want to informal rush my sorority has no “wait list” or girls we want in, we are completely open minded. Best of luck :)

By: Uva
#5  by: l2020   

I'm a transfer interested in informal rush- who should I reach out to in sororities participating to introduce myself? Or as a transfer is it a lot harder to do informal?

By: l2020
by: informalJun 29, 2019 10:46:14 PM

email the rush chair (u can find that on chapter websites) to say you’re interested and include a short bio about yourself and pictures/social media handles. multiple chapters (including “top tier” ones) took transfer students last year

By: informal
#6  by: updates?   

it’s august now so does anyone know if ISC is gonna gives us any news on who’s doing informal or how it’s gonna work?

By: updates?
by: nahAug 3, 2019 9:09:39 AM

the classes are already picked

By: nah
by: BumpAug 12, 2019 10:37:20 PM

bumping this question bc I wanna know too...

By: Bump
by: bumpAug 20, 2019 8:57:40 AM

bump

By: bump
#7  by: confused   

The classes are picked for all Tiers?

By: confused
by: noAug 7, 2019 9:51:28 PM

yep my chapter already has picked who we are bidding for informal

By: no
by: WowAug 11, 2019 1:58:36 PM

seriously that early? do the girls who are getting bids know?

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.