facebook

bad bid day

by: freaking out

So, I got a bid today to a house that I was initially unsure of, but thought I fell in love with during prefs. Now, after bid day, I remember why I was unsure. I'm absolutely freaking out that I made the wrong decision by not dropping out of rush and just trying to again later. Is it normal to feel this way?

Posted By: freaking out
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

Bid day usually reinforces your decision. You need to talk to someone.

By: No
#2  by: 2nd Year PNM   

Totally normal! I dropped out my 1st year after bid day and rushed my second year and found a house I love. It's expensive so if you aren't 100% into it, it's not worth the money

By: 2nd Year PNM
by: UmmJan 23, 2017 7:36:55 AM

If it's "totally normal" why did you drop? You seem to reinforce the notion that this girl should drop and try again next year. Weird response.

By: Umm
#3  by: Advice   

Stick it out for a little bit - really no difference in dropping out now vs. in a few weeks. Feel it out a bit more

By: Advice
#4  by: Gut   

Go with your gut. If it says drop then drop. Sororities are expensive both in time and money. Not worth it unless you're 100%. Trust me. Bid day is the peak.

By: Gut
#5  by: Ehhh   

I disagree. I didn't have a great time at my bid day but gave it a chance and slowly fell in love with my sorority. It's now my home and I wouldn't be happy anywhere else.

By: Ehhh
by: GuestJan 23, 2017 3:14:04 PM

You really can't expect to feel 100% at home somewhere on your first day... It may take some time and that's totally okay! I say give it more of a shot and your feelings might change. If they don't, then drop! Otherwise you'll regret not giving it a chance

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.