facebook

options?

by: Conflicted

I got dropped from all but two sororities- one that I don't love but I also don't hate and one that I really don't like. I've been going back and forth on what I should do. Should I drop out and try again in the fall, knowing that it's just as hard if not harder to get in as a second year? Or should I suicide, knowing that by doing so I lose all chances of getting a snap bid? Or should I rank both houses and just hope and pray I get into the one I don't hate? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted By: Conflicted
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No brainer   

If you don't EITHER ONE then drop. Let everyone know you're open to a COB in the sororitys you DO like. Believe me, nothing worse than being in a sorority you don't love. Really. Not worth the time and money.

By: No brainer
#2  by: And   

And if you accept a bid then drop you can't accept another one for a year.

By: And
#3  by: info   

Go to prefs and see if you like the one you're okay with any better. Don't write the one you hate, and drop if you don't end up liking the other any better.

By: info
#4  by: Third year   

I rushed asa second year after formal didn't work out first year and actually found it easier. Now I'm in a house I didn't even have the option to be in first year and I'm so happy with my choice. Hope that helps!

By: Third year
#5  by: people   

I'm in a similar situation and feeling really desperate. Only felt better after talking to my coach.

By: people
#6  by: games   

That's because the higher your retention rate, the less girls you can invite back to prefs. Most sororities invited back 150. Theta and kappa only could invite 120 back while Tridelt could only invite 90. Obviously it's going to be harder to meet quota when you can only invite a small number of girls to prefs who may choose another sorority.

By: games

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.