facebook

snap bid?

by: GDI?

What are the typical sizes for pledge classes? Do sororities know who dropped from rush? How does a snap bids work? And who is likely to give them out? How do I know if I will receive one?

Posted By: GDI?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GDI?   

Does making it to a certain round make you more likely to get a snap bid

By: GDI?
#2  by: same   

bump

By: same
#3  by: info   

Pledge classes were about 47 last year. This is how snap bids work: say 150 girls went to prefs for a sorority. They make a list, the first 47 or so being their ideal pledge class. Inevitably, some of those top 47 go somewhere else. So, they go to 48, and then 49, and so on until they have an entire pledge class. If a sorority is giving snap bids, that means they went through ALL 150 girls on their list and still have open spots because a lot of them dropped out completely or went other places. This happens very rarely for every sorority except the bottom tier. They will then call girls who dropped out of the entire rush process and offer them bids. Usually girls who made it to house tours.

By: info
#4  by: info   

Your pi chi will call you to tell if you're offered a snap bid. This is very very rare so I would not expect it. Some sororities will have COBs a few weeks after bid day so if a girl in the chapter (including the newly joined members) recommends you, you could possibly get a bid (there's interviews and stuff). This process happens because sororities are not allowed to take more than the ISC set max for girls on bid day but they may be able to take more depending on the national quota. A lot of times upper mid sororities take a few additional girls.

By: info

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.