facebook

snap bids?

by: confused

I recently became aware of snap bids and COBs and was wondering what qualified someone to receive either? Is a person who drops out able to receive a snap bid or do continuous open bidding, or is it only girls who fell through? And if you are interested in continuous open bidding do you need to tell someone (I think I read on here that talking to the ISC office helps, but I am not sure).
Thanks.

Posted By: confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bidddd   

Anyone who does not open a bid card on bid day can accept a snap bid or COB. So if you dropped out at any point during rush or didn't receive a bid you're eligible for those

By: Bidddd
#2  by: CuriousHoo   

How common are snap bids and COBs? Would you say a good amount of girls get offers?

By: CuriousHoo
#3  by: what i did   

i would just tell your pi chi. also, if you know any girls in sororities, tell them you dropped out and you're super interested in COB/informal if their chapter is doing it

By: what i did
#4  by: Ya   

Generally in house girls do recs for COBs. So you have to know someone, but this could be a first year friend of yours that just joined

By: Ya
#5  by: confused   

Are you likely to get a snap bid from sororities that dropped you during formal recruitment?

By: confused
by: DoubtfulJan 21, 2017 1:08:54 PM

Snap bids are usually for girls who fall through the cracks of the matching system. It's not a perfect system.

By: Doubtful
#6  by: @doubtful   

what does "falling through the cracks" mean then? a lot of friends have been telling me i "fell through the cracks" (only having 3 houses left for house tours) but like i don't understand how this happens to girls who are pretty, friendly, have good GPAs and know girls in houses. i guess i'll never know unless i'm in a house and get to see rush from the other side?

By: @doubtful
by: 1Jan 22, 2017 1:11:54 PM

How do I know if I'm one of those crack girls?

By: 1
by: lolJan 22, 2017 7:21:24 PM

You were probably boring, or maybe you seemed uninterested so you got dropped

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.