facebook

cuts before pref

by: help

typically how bad are the cuts right before pref? I still have two middle tiers left that I really like but I'm worried that they're keeping me but planning on dropping me before pref. are the cuts before pref usually worse than the cuts after philanthropy? I know so many people who have dropped already

Posted By: help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends   

The higher the tier, the more brutal the cuts. So upper middle tier vs lower middle tier makes a difference. I would be more nervous if it was Aphi and DG, not as nervous if it was SK and KD. Good luck!

By: Depends
#2  by: Be careful   

How you rank sororitys after prefs is important, that's where girls fall through the cracks.

By: Be careful
#3  by: HOO   

There's really no telling how this will turn out for you, but there's definitely a good risk that you'll lose the middle tiers. Hope for the best but expect the worst and maybe become more comfortable with the idea of joining the other sororities you have left

By: HOO
by: HahaJan 19, 2017 11:21:01 PM

In other words, maybe you need to get used to the idea of joining a bottom tier.

By: Haha
#4  by: Hard   

A lot of girls drop after house tours, it's when the higher tiers make big cuts. Be your best self during house tours and keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

By: Hard
#5  by: mid tiers   

What about mid tiers like aphi, dg, dz? Do they typically drop a lot between house tours and pref?

By: mid tiers
by: YesJan 20, 2017 12:22:48 PM

Since those are on upper end of tier, a lot of girls want them so they do make large cuts.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.