facebook

rush ranking question

by: Help

I'm not one of those girls that could afford a rush coach so I have a question about ranking houses during rush. Should I rank houses lower that I don't think I'll get into? I want to get a bid and Im trying to consider bottom tier ones but I want a mid tier a lot more and love the top tiers but don't think I'll get in. Do I hurt my chances of getting a mid-tier by ranking top tiers higher?

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Good luck!   

No one actually has rush coaches here those are all people trolling. I have heard of girls that dropped all the lower houses earlier and then when those houses got more selective in later rounds they got dropped from all of them. But I think that's very rare. Drop the houses you didn't like! and honestly it won't matter much after round robbins because unless you're amazing at rush you probably will get dropped from some houses so you'll end up going back to some you tried to drop. My best advice is make sure you tell the house you want at prefs that you want them. It's very important at least in how my house ranks.

By: Good luck!
by: ...Jan 16, 2017 5:57:52 PM

Yeah seriously, can we drop this whole rush coach charade now

By: ...
by: nowJan 16, 2017 7:14:58 PM

Can we not talk about which sororitys literally vote girls in/out based on their FB profiles? Beware.

By: now
by: whoJan 18, 2017 12:43:34 PM

What houses do that

By: who
#2  by: umm   

My coach was worth every penny paid.

By: umm
by: mouseJan 16, 2017 7:00:54 PM

How much did you pay?

By: mouse
#3  by: Google   

There are a couple of good web sites that give more details on how you should rank your houses and how the computer matching works. Google them. I think it's most important after prefs, that's when girls slip through the cracks. But a lot often then get picked up with snap bids.

By: Google
by: Now?Jan 16, 2017 8:29:48 PM

So what are you doing on this website now? Kinda creepy if you ask me.

By: Now?
by: RightJan 17, 2017 6:27:08 AM

Sororities can't accept everyone who wants them (except bottom tiers). The selection process can seem harsh but it has to be done. The higher the tier the harder it is because more girls have to be cut. 30 minutes is simply not long enough to really get to know anyone so voting can come off as superficial. I assure you, it's not easy. Recruitment is an odd, stressful time for the sisters as well as the Pnms. Everyone needs to support each other.

By: Right
by: nowJan 17, 2017 3:12:46 PM

To any freshmen girls who are about to go through the process: SERIOUSLY ask yourself before you make your decision: do I want to join a chapter of girls who weren't actually all that thrilled about me but gave me bonus points because I'm hot? or do I want to join a chapter of hot girls who only picked me because I seemed nice enough to help them seem less "fake" on campus? these are REAL qualifications certain chapters will use when they're deciding on members.

by: nowJan 17, 2017 3:27:17 PM

I can say that physical appearance is absolutely a factor when member decisions are made in some sororities. the whole "glitter and glue" concept is a real thing that affects the mentality of voting, although the chapter officials might not say it explicitly. ie certain girls are picked because they're glitter (hot) and some slightly less hot girls are picked because they're glue (nice and outgoing). do you want to be the girl that's just there as the glitter? No, you do not.

by: OMG!Jan 17, 2017 6:14:10 PM

Give it a rest with the lectures. No one wants to be in a bottom tier and no one will choose it but if they end up in one they'll make do. But stop trying to convince girls they don't want to be in upper tiered sororitys.

By: OMG!
#4  by: hello   

Does not having rush coach mean that I am competing from a disadvantage?

By: hello
by: UmmJan 16, 2017 8:33:38 PM

If you have to ask the question...then yes.

By: Umm
#5  by: Help   

I know that during rush I will get to know girls from each sorority but I'm a little bit nervous and could really use some honest and POSITIVE insight as to what each sorority has to offer. Again, only positive comments please!

By: Help
by: UghJan 16, 2017 9:26:58 PM

Go away.

By: Ugh
#6  by: ok   

Can someone rank the houses by selectivity? I know everyone on the grounds says theta and kappa are top tier but are they the most selective?

By: ok
by: UmmJan 17, 2017 7:42:52 AM

That's what TIERS are, the more selective a sorority is, the higher the tier. It's strictly a numbers game, more girls want to be members of the higher tiers so they are more selective. RANKS are based strictly on personal preference.

Roughly, the tiers are

KAT/KKG/DDD/Pi Phi
A Phi/DG/DZ/Zeta
KD/AXO/Chi O/SK
ADPi/GPB/SDT/SSS

By: Umm
by: worriedJan 17, 2017 9:56:49 AM

I got dropped from Kappa, Tri Delt, and Pi Phi already but the conversations I had were fine, should I just assume theta will drop me eventually too???

By: worried
by: ^Jan 17, 2017 11:58:00 AM

Yup, unless you were dirty rushed by them

By: ^
by: RelaxJan 17, 2017 2:42:29 PM

Most girls end up in mid-tiers. Theta will probably drop you but during rush anything can happen.

By: Relax
by: confusedJan 18, 2017 11:08:03 AM

is dirty rush bid promising? I also got dropped from pi phi but not from tri delt, theta, or kappa yet. I want theta so bad and no one promised a bid but I went on rush dates and was matched with girls I knew during the rounds???

By: confused
#7  by: FYI    

Theta will drop you unless you know them already almost certainly. Don't take it personally

By: FYI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.