facebook

pledge classes

by: pnm

how big will this year's pledge classes be for each sorority???

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sorority Girl   

It depends on how many girls stick through the entire rush process. They divide that number by the number of sororities to get the number that each sorority should get. (Some sororities will get above and below that number though).

Generally, formal pledge classes are around 40!

By: Sorority Girl
#2  by: good luck!   

It really depends, bottom tierslike sdt/gphi have more difficulty filling their pledge classes so they're usually smaller than average.

By: good luck!
#3  by: Quota   

Quota is the same for all sororitys. It's determined by the number of girls who make it to the end. sororitys that don't make quota (bottom tiers like SDT, GPB, SSS, ADPi) are usually the ones who do informal in the fall. The "guaranteed bid" means you're guaranteed a bid from a bottom tier!

By: Quota
by: UhJan 14, 2017 4:46:48 PM

Let's be clear that AXO and ZTA also participated in fall recruitment

By: Uh
by: Yeah butJan 14, 2017 5:31:29 PM

Some sororitys participate in informal because of transfers or because of girls studying abroad, not necessarily because they don't meet quota.

By: Yeah but
#4  by: ??   

are there girls (and if how many) who don't get chosen by any sorority?

By: ??
by: GuaranteeJan 14, 2017 2:51:24 PM

If you fill out each of your cards COMPLETELY (don't cut any sororitys) after every round and attend all parties you are invited to, then you are guaranteed a bid. But in all honesty it's not hard to get a bid from a bottom tier.

By: Guarantee
#5  by: pnm   

My coach advised me to keep a open mind and consider mid tier sororities because it was predicted that rush would be more competitive this year than it was last year.

By: pnm
by: SmartJan 14, 2017 3:14:59 PM

Your coach is right, although every year a ton of girls drop and pledge classes end up being about 40 girls. I wouldn't rule out a bottom tier either because that may be where you end up!

By: Smart
by: YupJan 14, 2017 3:43:22 PM

There are 4 top tiers and 4 bottom tiers so that leaves 8 middle tiers. Most girls end up in a middle tier.

By: Yup
by: confusingJan 15, 2017 1:38:29 PM

Does that mean that girls who got bids last year to top tier houses last year would get mid tier this year?

By: confusing
by: NoJan 15, 2017 3:24:25 PM

I don't think it's goong to be more competitive this year. Probably less so since SDT is getting a house. A lot of girls liked them but didn't like the whole Grandmarc deal.

By: No
#6  by: FYI    

It was 47 last year.

By: FYI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.