facebook

importance of physical attractiveness during rush

by: Curious

Hi I'm just your average pnm who is freaking out for sorority recruitment. I know a lot is based on how well you click with the girls and stuff but I wanted to know how much weight "hotness" is when voting on pnms. Like is it more important to be attractive or just well connected when it comes to rush?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: tzu   

Talk to your coach. Rando GR commenters aren't going to help much.

By: tzu
#2  by: Trying to Help   

If you're an average PNM you probably don't have a coach.... The importance of attractiveness depends on the house. It's not just a coincidence that most APhi's are blonde and hot. Obviously that's part of how they recruit girls. Many of the middle/bottom tier houses don't care about appearance as much

By: Trying to Help
by: helpDec 30, 2016 8:10:31 PM

So most APhis and above had coaches?

By: help
by: Trying to HelpDec 31, 2016 10:52:58 AM

That's not what's I said... No one really knows whiny did and who didn't have a coach because it's kinda embarrassing to say you did. I would guess there are plenty of girls who are in top tier sororities who have them and plenty who didn't.

By: Trying to Help
#3  by: Facts   

If you're not super hot and don't know anyone going into rush, then you're not going to get into a top tier sorority. Sorry but that's the truth, might as well not waste your time trying to

By: Facts
#4  by: Re: PNM   

I've heard of houses in the middle giving points based on attractiveness when voting, and I've heard of houses towards the top not considering it in voting scores. It all depends on how nationals tells them to recruit, which is all supposed to be kept on the low.

By: Re: PNM
by: ^Jan 10, 2017 12:39:29 AM

top houses don't really weigh much into attractiveness honestly. They can somewhat because they're the ones that are initially doing the choosing, but from what seen they look at other things such as wealth/connections/and personality with hotness as a bonus. That is why you see pledge classes in theta, tridelt, pi phi and kappa being on average not as attractive as the pledge classes in aphi and and DG. bc being "hot" with nothing else isn't enough to cut in those kind of sororities. This is definitely different at other state schools though.

By: ^
by: okJan 10, 2017 10:22:33 AM

okay I get that. People always talk about wealth but how can a sorority tell if someone is wealthy? it's not like they can just ask pnms the salary of their parents.

By: ok
by: ReplyJan 10, 2017 1:30:49 PM

A lot is based on the school you come from so the top sororities rush girls who come from private and boarding schools

By: Reply

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.