facebook

actual ranks....2016

by: reall

Theta/Kappa/Tri Delt

(tri delt is the hottest, kappa has the best sisterhood, theta has the history/reputation)

APhi/DG/Pi Phi

(pi phi has the history/best sisterhood/APhi is the hottest/DG is just a mixed bag)

ZTA/AXO
(axo is pretty much on ZTA's level...)

XO/KD

SK
(sorry, not close to XO or KD)

ADPI

GPB

SDT
(just because you're bottom, doesn't mean squat. met some really cool girls in SDT)

(not ranking Tri Sigma b/c why)

Posted By: reall
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yup   

Very accurate ranking.

By: Yup
#2  by: no.   

For more accurate ranking see other posts. DZ isnt even on here lol

By: no.
#3  by: original post   

Theta/Kappa/Tri Delt

(tri delt is the hottest, kappa has the best sisterhood, theta has the history/reputation)

APhi/DG/Pi Phi

(pi phi has the history/best sisterhood/APhi is the hottest/DG is just a mixed bag)

ZTA/DZ/AXO
(axo is pretty much on ZTA's level...)

XO/KD

SK
(sorry, not close to XO or KD)

ADPI

GPB

SDT
(just because you're bottom, doesn't mean squat. met some really cool girls in SDT)

(not ranking Tri Sigma b/c why)

By: original post
#4  by: truthfully   

Truthfully, being bottom does mean something. It doesn't matter that you've met one or two girls from a bottom tier that you like, they're bottom for a reason.

By: truthfully
#5  by: MP   

Theta/Kappa/Tri Delt

APhi/Pi Phi
DG

DZ
Zeta/AXO/XO

KD/SK
ADPI
GPB

Lastly good ol' SDT

By: MP
by: ohDec 22, 2016 9:16:57 PM

pretty decent explanation but ...

"Kappa and theta will always be top. That's not gonna change."

Come on now, you know that's a statement, not an explanation by any reach of the imagination. Frankly, being in Kappa and Theta just means you knew current sisters coming in as a first year, for the most part. Let's not pretend there's something special about them, other than their innate ability to continue to convince others otherwise.

By: oh
by: MP again helloDec 23, 2016 9:18:29 PM

I mean yeah... hahahaha I'll admit you're right.

I agree, they aren't that special... but they are still top tier. There isn't really a good explanation except for tradition and because they have $$$.

The fact of the matter is this--almost all girls go into rush saying "ew theta" and "ew Kappa" but if they were to get a bid from either, 99% of the time they would STILL choose that sorority over any other. Because of the status associated with it.

To me, this is what defines tiers--given the opportunity to join both, girls choose upper tier sororities over lower tier sororities. ADPi, gamma phi and SDT are bottom tier because most girls would go elsewhere if given the opportunity. It doesn't mean their girls aren't anything but lovely.

That's why XO and AXO are considered to be "on the rise"--as the years go on, girls forego the opportunity to join DZ, APhi, etc. even Kappa (supposedly "better" or more selective sororities) to join those two. This is just an example, and again just my interpretation.

This isn't always true of course. Speaking generally here

By: MP again hello
by: AgreeDec 24, 2016 10:39:29 AM

Completely agree with the above post, tiers are about status and being exclusive while rankings are based more on personal opinion. Top tiers do the choosing while bottom tiers are chosen by leftover girls. Middle tiers are a bit of both, there is more competition for girls.

Given the choice between two sororities, most (not all) girls will choose the higher tier. This is why the discussion of tiers becomes important.

The top tiers such as Kappa and Theta will always get to do the choosing. Bottom tiers such as Sig Delt and Tri Sig will always get the girls not chosen by other sororities.

By: Agree
by: yaasDec 24, 2016 4:20:10 PM

wow y'all really get it. I totally agree w this rank based on exclusivity. I mean you can rank based on reputation or niceness or whatever you want but this is an accurate "true" or traditional rank, considering these sororities current members

By: yaas
by: imoDec 29, 2016 5:27:01 PM

Solid, but SK is down with ADPI, and KD is up with ZTA/AXO/XO

By: imo
by: EhhhJan 4, 2017 8:53:01 AM

^^^^ yikes. I'd say that's debatable at best. KD while they are very pleasant and have many cute girls, they are not quite AXO and XO. they don't crossrush with the upper tiers NEARLY as much.

By: Ehhh
#6  by: Based on exlusivity...   

If you're looking at exclusivity and popularity during Rush,

I would say:

Theta/Kappa (aready have PCs picked out making it even harder to get into)
Tridelt/Pi phi (Much more competitive to get into than the sororitys below(tri delt more so than pi phi), also popular choices during rush)

Aphi/DG (competitive, but not as competitive as the above sororities. Usually get the leftovers from the above sororitys..focus on appearances)
DZ/ZTA/AXO (less competitive, middle tier)
XO/KD/SK (lower middle, not that present on grounds)

ADPI/GPB/SSS/SDT (bottom, sweet, and not as competitive.)

By: Based on exlusivity...
by: TiersDec 24, 2016 7:14:05 PM

Kappa/Theta
Tri Delt/Pi Phi
APhi/DG
DZ/Zeta
AXO/XO
KD/SK
ADPi/GPB
SDT/SSS

By: Tiers
by: YehJan 4, 2017 8:55:16 AM

Comment to #6 is better than #6 ranking... I still like the one above more tho

By: Yeh
by: YupJan 5, 2017 9:00:08 PM

Kappa/Theta
Tri Delt/Pi Phi
APhi/DG
DZ/Zeta
AXO/XO
KD/SK
ADPi/GPB
SDT/SSS

Most accurate when it comes to tiers.

By: Yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.