facebook

second years??

by: hello

does anyone know how many second years are rushing?? i'm a transfer and really nervous I'll be the only one.

Posted By: hello
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Anon   

Most second years do informal. The few that do formal are viewed suspiciously, sororitys are looking for what's wrong with them. Emphasize you are a transfer, you might have a slim chance of getting in a decent sorority. You'll get in a bottom tier pretty easily.

By: Anon
#2  by: Don'tdoit   

Unless you have REALLY good friends in a sorority don't do it. It's just awkward for everyone. Third year is when sisters live in the house and you'll be odd man out on so many levels. Informal is for second years. Formal is for first years.

By: Don'tdoit
#3  by: Yup   

I agree. Unless you have friends in a sorority and they are encouraging you to rush, I wouldn't do it. You are closest to the girls in your pledge class and second years just mess that up. Highly discouraged.

By: Yup
#4  by: real talk   

I agree with ISCWoman. Some chapters don't even participate in informal recruitment, so you wouldn't have a chance with them. You'll be a third year by the time informal rolls around and will have missed another semester you could be enjoying in a sorority. It's much harder to get in as a third year than a second year and being a second year isn't questioned as much if you're a transfer student. Especially as a transfer, I would 100% recommend rushing now. Joining a sorority gives you so many opportunities and expands your social circle, making your college experience a million times more enjoyable. I don't think the first three commenters are even in sororities.

By: real talk
#5  by: Haha!   

No one even answered the question!

By: Haha!
by: yoDec 5, 2016 3:02:44 PM

The numbers haven't been released yet because they extended the second year deadline. Even rush chairs don't know yet.

By: yo
by: See!Dec 5, 2016 4:16:19 PM

They extended the deadline to try and recruit more second years. A lot of the leftover girls from last year joined Tri Sig. The rest are smart to stay away. Why would they want to torment themselves a second time. No clue. Formal recruitment is not fun.

By: See!
#6  by: Bump   

Any word on how many second years are rushing?

By: Bump
by: NoDec 19, 2016 11:02:26 AM

No. The specific number isn't released to the public

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.