facebook

don't listen greek rank for unm

by: Truth

Most of the people who have "ranked" on this site are currently in the UNM greek system themselves. Girls will rank their "rival" sororities poorly and talk crap about them or self-rank their own organizations, and so will guys, but any person looking to rush in the fall should absolutely not listen to the things on this site. Im in greeklife and I hear people (especially girls) who tell each other to rank other sororities badly and themselves well, and its no basis for any type of understanding of how the sisterhoods and brotherhoods are in reality. I agree its a good tool for other universities, but for UNM, it is mostly just petty and often made up comments that try make anonymous people feel powerful. Go through recruitment, connect with the people who you feel comfortable with, and make a decision based off of that instead of these arbitrary rankings that generally have little foundation.

Posted By: Truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HAHA   

An ATO must have wrote this. How about you stop dirty rushing already.

By: HAHA
#2  by: sorority_maybe   

I'm about to go through recruitment, and I'm really confused by all of the random and terrible ratings for all of the sororities. If someone could give me an honest description of all the sororities, that would be great!

By: sorority_maybe
by: Truth. Aug 1, 2016 11:16:50 AM

Pi beta phi (ΠΒΦ) -
These girls are extremely sweet. They party a lot, maybe too much and their dues are very expensive. They are smart too, & their majors are not just the easy ones.

Alpha Chi Omega (ΑΧΩ)-
They are fun and down to earth. Super easy to hangout with and they also like to party. They are starting to give the other chapters a run for their money. Especially with their last pledge class. These girls are pretty and classy. Dues are the least expensive, but they don't have a house right now

Kappa Kappa Gamma (KKG) -
This is the chapter most people think they want to be in going into recruitment. They are very pretty & their house is amazing. They typically come from money & they have a decent social presence. They typically only hangout with each other tho and don't get to know the other chapters. Their dues are in the mid range . Members have told me they have a lot of drama(but who doesn't ?... )

Chi Omega (ΧΩ) -
Beautiful house, and expensive dues. These girls are super nice but hardly ever are seen out at parties. Their philanthropy is my favorite. They are smart but not the prettiest. They are great girls but probably the lowest tier if you care about that.

With all of this said:
If you're going to rush just give every chapter consideration... Don't pick a chapter because their the prettiest, their house is the best or they party the most. Pick a sorority based on the connections you have with the members you meet. If you don't you may regret it

By: Truth.
by: ...Aug 5, 2016 8:24:19 PM

nobody is going to give you an honest description because everyone has their opinion of a particular organization/ views about them

By: ...
by: truthJun 16, 2017 3:25:37 AM

Pi Phis are pretty, fun, smart, and kind of snobby.
Kappas are mostly pretty, materialistic, and hate each other.
Alpha Chis are a mixed bag, lots of partiers, not as attractive
Chi O is strong nationally, like Pi Phi and Kappa, but not here.

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.