facebook

unm greek life

by: ...

I'm a incoming freshman this fall at unm. I'm really looking forward to being in a fraternity
I've lived in Texas my whole life and I was gonna go to tech because of the good Greek life but decided to go to unm to be close to family
When I looked at the fraternities on here and Twitter
They looked very low tier I mean the guys looked like GDIs and was highly disappointed
Is the Greek life any good here?
And is there any fraternities that somewhat reflect southern culture even though we're out west?

Posted By: ...
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Get real   

To be honest kid, If you would have said something this stupid at Tech you probably wouldn't have got a bid at any of the top houses like Fiji/Phi Delt/Delt/Sig Ep/SAE and I know this because I pledged at Tech and transferred to UNM. Sure the culture is different here.

Any one could have told you that you wouldn't get the real southern experience here, it's New Mexico. You have to go to each fraternity and find out for yourself. Sure most fraternities don't look "frat" because they don't have that mentality. There are fraternities here with outstanding leaders that serve in large leadership positions in the fraternal movement as a whole, that doesn't make them GDIs.

By: Get real
#2  by: This guy   

"guys looked like GDIs"

At least they have been initiated, you are the GDI. You aren't greek. Greek life probably isn't for you. Get off TFM.

By: This guy
#3  by: Old Row   

NO BID

By: Old Row

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.