facebook

greek life???

by: rolltide

I'm considering transferring from University of Alabama (biggest greek life in the nation) to UNM so that I may be closer to my family. I see that there are only 4 sororities on campus. What is greek life like at UNM? What are the stereotypes of all the houses? This will not affect my opinion on them if I decide to go through formal recruitment, I am just curious. Are a lot of people involved? Do you guys have swaps with other greek houses? Curious to hear the 101!

Posted By: rolltide
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fratstar    

You certainly shouldn't come to UNM expecting a greek life experience similar to that of bama. It's nowhere as big or exciting, but with that having been said it's still a lot of fun. Greek life here is small, so everyone knows each other. This can be good or bad and I'm sure everyone in greek life here will admit to that. Because UNM has been cracking down on greek life we keep our parties more low key now days unfortunately. Each house has their fair share of cool girls. It all depends on where you fit in. Kappa and Pi Phi are always competing for top house and always have the best pledge classes every year. Best of luck & roll tide.

By: Fratstar
#2  by: Smaller   

Kappa and Pi Phi are always competing for top house? Is that a joke? While I respect Pi Phi, they are not anywhere near Kappa. Kappa has over 100 members and has been dominant for almost a decade.

With that being said, UNMs Greek life is nothing like Bama. There are only 4 houses here versus almost 20 at Bama and only 6 fraternities. Recruitment is much more lax but you should give it a shot and see where you fit in.

By: Smaller

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.