facebook

dues

by: Intrigued

Not sure if this is the best site to ask about but thought I would give it a shot. I'm really interested in the Greek life at UNH and I did sign up to rush and do plan on it; however, one of my biggest concerns is money. I know money is a big thing to consider when joining a sorority but also pretty tight for many girls since we are paying so much just to go to school. I didn't know if houses won't consider you if don't have a lot of money, don't live in the Vineyards or don't have what they want. Obviously, I know the dues are private for each sorority but if anyone has an estimate of what it is a semester/year that would help a lot.

Posted By: Intrigued
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Don't worry   

You will get information from each house about sorority dues during formal recruitment. Each house has different dues which pay for events you do during the year and things the sorority will give you like pins or shirts and you will most likely have the option to live in or out of the house. Living in is more expensive than living out since you are paying for the services of the house which might include food, security deposit, etc. No house will deny you a bid for how much money you have and they will not have the ability to know your financial situation unless you tell them and even then it isn't important to them because they are looking at your values, character, level of interest in their house, service, involvement, etc. I definitely don't live in the Vineyard and im not wealthy by anyone's standards! I don't have an approximate value of dues but it is ok for you to ask about that during recruitment and you will have a recruitment counselor to guide you too if you aren't comfortable asking the sisters, we all went through the same thing and trust me no one will judge you for it since most of us are ballin on a budget.

By: Don't worry
by: RelievedAug 9, 2017 8:21:21 PM

This definitely helped out a lot and calmed the nerves, thank you!

By: Relieved

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.