facebook

sorority

by: scared

is it possible to have a good group of fun partying girl friends without joining a sorority? I haven't decided yet and I don't wanna be screwed if I don't rush. which is the chilliest/ most fun sorority? Laid back drinkers that have a good sisterhood? Sorry I'm so nervous for next year. thanks so much :)

Posted By: scared
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: All Greek Together    

If this truly is a potential new member commenting and not just someone looking to stir the pot before of recruitment, then I want you to know that you should base your opinions on personal interactions with sisters and on your own personal values. Pick a house where you feel at home but don't go asking for other people's opinions because it will only confuse you. The top house in your eyes will be different than the top house in someone else's eyes because you are different people with different upbringings, values, and aspirations. Don't pick a house because you feel like you want the reputation of that house. Look at their national organization and what it does, look at their philanthropy and decide if it resonates with you, and look at your personal connection to the women you talk to.

That being said, I encourage the sorority women of this campus not to come on this post and try to rank each other because it's never informative and it's highly biased. When people ask questions like this everyone on here just fights about who is top tier and who is not. We are bigger than that so let's not get dragged into the weeds over questions like this. All that matters is that YOU are happy in your own house, and if you are truly happy, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing/ what their reputation is.

By: All Greek Together
#2  by: All Greek Together    

You will have plenty of friends without being in Greek life and you may still wind up being friends with many of the girls in Greek Life even if you don't go through formal recruitment. This is especially true if you live in a large dorm. If you want to meet new friends I highly recommend joining some activities on campus early on and sticking with them through the years. That way if you rush you will also have a solid group outside of Greek life as well. As far as drinking goes, that should not be a priority of yours if you choose to do recruitment and you should not discuss drinking or partying with sisters while you are going through recruitment because it is not allowed. Drinking is also not allowed in any of the sorority houses, and while there will always be people who drink, (it's college) you should not join a sorority for that sole reason- trust me you won't be happy. Definitely look into recruitment, but please know it isn't about drinking and partying.

By: All Greek Together

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.