facebook

sorority expansion

by: gc

Alpha Delta Pi (ADPi), Alpha Omicron Pi (AOII) and Delta Zeta (DZ) are the finalists that have been selected to present

Posted By: gc
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: I vote   

I vote DZ! I do think they would be a good addition here.

By: I vote
by: ^Sep 15, 2014 2:10:19 PM

They do have a strong alumni system in the area. They have been wanting to come on for a long time. They would probably be the strongest to come on.

By: ^
by: IcunrSep 20, 2014 8:20:16 PM

The campus has enough delta sororities. Bring on an alpha!

By: Icunr
#2  by: yes   

Any of them would be great!

By: yes
#3  by: AOPi   

I bet AOPi comes, they've recently colonized on a lot of campuses so they clearly present their sorority very well to colleges.

By: AOPi
by: ^Sep 14, 2014 5:23:59 PM

Possibly, but they do tend to struggle at a lot of places. They are great nationally, and I'd cheer for them, but they might have a difficult time getting off the ground here. We will see.

by: IcunrSep 20, 2014 8:23:25 PM

What are you talking about? They are considered the up and coming group by NPC insiders. And have you checked out their local alumni web page?!

#4  by: Icunr   

First, ΔΖ does NOT have a strong alum system here. They don't even have an alum chapter. Second, AOΠ does NOT struggle at a lot of campuses. Third, ΑΔΠ is super strong nationally. All good choices.

by: ^Sep 21, 2014 10:26:24 PM

Sounds like we should go with ADPi? I personally will support whoever comes on. Just want to be sure they can hold themselves up.

by: uhhhSep 22, 2014 6:26:53 PM

AOII is strong but there are a lot of campuses where they struggle. Though that can happen with any group.

And ADPi is not that strong nationally. They're generally really good in the South, but not so much anywhere else

By: uhhh
by: honestly Sep 29, 2014 12:32:09 AM

AOPI has a hard time at a lot of schools. I think it would have to be ADPi or DZ to sustain here.

By: honestly
by: honestlySep 30, 2014 11:52:24 PM

You can cherry pick good and bad chapters from every sorority. ADPi and DZ have lots of weak chapters just as every other NPC group. AOPi has many strong chapters and also has weak chapters. It's a reality that no sorority can escape. Picking AOPi out as "struggling" sounds like you have an agenda. UNR needs the best group for THIS campus. I'll wait and see what happens at all of the presentations.

By: honestly
by: honestly aboveOct 1, 2014 1:14:39 PM

Clearly you are with AOPi and you want them to come on here. You have an agenda. If AOPi comes on we will welcome them, just as we will welcome anyone that comes on. Yes, every group has chapters that struggle. Lets wait for the presentations.

By: honestly above
#5  by: ?   

Why not let Pi Phi come back on and reestablish before we add a new chapter?

By: ?
by: uhhhSep 22, 2014 6:28:20 PM

honestly that's what should happen, because if Pi Phi's suspension is lifted so that they're trying to recruit the same time as a new colony, it could be bad for both groups. I think campuses need to consider suspended chapters that have all intention of returning, a little more carefully before deciding on expansion

By: uhhh
by: wellSep 23, 2014 6:27:16 PM

Pi Phi is coming back. Fine. But we should still ad at least one more house. There is a lot of interest in Greek Life and now is the time to add. I certainly have a preference as to which house we should add, but I will be happy with any of them.

By: well
#6  by: bring it   

Bring all three of them on. This is our chance to become a school with a really strong Greek System.

By: bring it
#7  by: truth?   

Is Ate all the Pie coming here?

By: truth?
#8  by: nv1913    

It's really unfortunate NV Panhellenic is not progressive and expanding greek life with another colony in 2016. There is such a high demand (quota is too high & has been consistently high) and expanding w/ additional chapter before PiPhi returns in 2017 will not hurt their expansion, only strengthen the system.

By: nv1913
by: ^Jan 28, 2016 7:01:02 PM

I agree. But for some reason people are against us having "the same sororities as UNLV." The fact that ZTA, DZ and ADPi have really strong alumni in the area. It would be great to bring one if not all three of them on campus here, and start making this school more of a Greek school. But we have some haters that are holding things up.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.