facebook

transfer student recruitment?

by: interested

hey ya'll I'm planning on transferring to UNR in the spring. I currently go to a big school and I'm in a sorority here. However, UNR doesn't have the sorority that I'm in on campus! Do any of you know if I would be able to rush a different sorority?? and also on that note do any of the sororities take transfer students?? thanks xoxo

Posted By: interested
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek Senior   

I could be completely wrong, but I was under the impression that the National Panhellenic Council would automatically ban you from all sororities if you are an initiated member of one sorority and try to rush another. So if you want to rush a sorority here, don't get initiated in the sorority you currently are in!
However,if you are already initiated, I am also just now hearing that as long as you completely disaffiliate and formally drop membership from a sorority as an active, it is possible to join another. But I also don't know that this is true.
Just know that either way it would be frowned upon if you are already initiated. :/ It wouldn't look good if you were a full member of one sorority and knew all of its secrets, only to break that pledge/promise you made to that sorority in order to join another.It reminds me of a guy divorcing his wife just to chase after a newer girl, you know? But that's just my opinion, others might not feel this way.
So just be careful, and I would also ask the NPC, there is no harm in that! Good luck, and I hope everything works out!

By: Greek Senior
#2  by: PK   

If you are already an initiated member in a NPC sorority then you can't join another sorority unless you disaffiliate from your nationals, but even then I don't think any sorority would take you if you were already initiated into another sorority.

By: PK

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.