facebook

help me out??

by: Ooohkillem

I'm really interested in joining a frat, and after extensive research it seems like the Phi Delt's is the way to go. However there is a lot of mixed comments about the comradery in this frat. Coming from the Marines, that's very important for a guy like me. Am I making the correct choice with this frat? Or should I keep my options open?

What do you guys say?

Posted By: Ooohkillem
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: this   

keep your options open. phi delt is a top tier fraternity but they are also douche bags. depending on what you fit into is going to be the deciding factor. they are also pretty selective so it wont be easy to get in. just remain open on who you choose until you meet brothers from different fraternities as well.

By: this
#2  by: Smh   

No one really knows what goes on inside a fraternity. Don't guy by an outsiders view on how they are together. Get in contact with their rush chair and go from there.

By: Smh
#3  by: advice   

As "this" mentioned phi delts are definitely douche bags so you should definitely look into checking out other fraternities. My top I think you should check out is ksig, lambda-chi, pi-kapp, ZBT, and pike (if they come back this fall). Coming from a former pledge experience, they are VERY selective on who they let in. The guys seem cool at first but once you start the process their true colors come out and as a pledge they treat you less than human. They also haze so if you join be ready for that.

By: advice
#4  by: Keep an open mind   

If you set your mind on phi delts before you even check everyone else out, that could be your biggest downfall. If you are basing your decision on what their rankings are you'll be surprised once you get to know them. Greek rank consists of alot of self ranking and wouldn't doubt those douchbags rank themselves all the time. Rush everyone, get to know as many brothers from each Fraternity and your opinion will definitely change. I would recommend rushing Sae, Pike, Zbt, Lambda Chi, and Ksig.

By: Keep an open mind
#5  by: Listen   

Phi delts are selective because they can be. They don't let just anyone in. I wouldn't be able to say the same about the fraternities listed above except maybe sae. As a marine you should appreciate that fact because not everyone is able to do what you do either. That's why only 1% of the u.s. population serve. It's a process and weak minded individuals are not welcome. I'm not here to convince you I encourage you to check out everyone, you'll see as time progresses

By: Listen
by: OoohkillemJun 25, 2014 6:16:18 PM

Good looking out, very much appreciated..

By: Ooohkillem
#6  by: @listen   

Phi delts were selective! I mean c'mon look at the last 3 classes you guys rushed... You call that being selective? Maybe since you only gave out a few bids, but how many of them stayed/looked good/ or brought anything for your Fraternity. Lets be realistic the alumni was what made phi delts top tier now that they're gone you guys are not top anymore. I think even Lambda Chi got better kids than you during spring rush and they had just gotten off probation. It's all up to you and I've been in a similar situation, but I kept an open mind rushed a few Fraternities that interested me and I chose the right one for me. If you think Phi Delts are the right choice for you then cool, but if you were doubting it then maybe there is another Fraternity for you.

By: @listen
#7  by: sorority   

"Tiers" are used by Greeks who are shallow and view greek life like a totem poll. Greek life should not be looked like a totem poll. It's different organizations with different people and different values. Find a fraternity that matches your values, not what some petty website says or what some girl says is "top tier". If you end up a brother of a fraternity that is "top tier" but hate all your "brothers" then what's the point?? Join a fraternity where you actually like the brothers, regardless of what "tier" they are and you will be much much happier. Take it from a girl who dropped our of a "top tier" sorority.

By: sorority
#8  by: sorority   

You know looking back on the original post, I'm pretty sure a phi Delt made this up, wasn't there whole slogan through homecoming "oohhh kill em"?

By: sorority
by: OoohkillemJun 30, 2014 7:50:49 PM

I'm a Marine, not a "Phi Delt"... ;)

By: Ooohkillem

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.