facebook

rush

by: Potential Recruit

I'm considering rushing in fall 2015. I don't know what to expect! I would love to know expenses and events that each sorority does and also what fraternity they tend to hang around.

Posted By: Potential Recruit
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey   

Most sororities (and even your gamma chis) will not tell you what their dues are before you sign a bid, however, from what I know about my sorority compared to the others on campus it tends to cost about the same. Your first semester is the most expensive, but that's high because of a lot of "one time" fees (ie. badge, initiation fee, etc). I would say with confidence that you will not pay more than a grand for your first semester and that the price cuts about in half after you're initiated.

Don't join a sorority because of who they tend to hang around, no matter where you end up you can always hang out with any of them if you meet the right people! This is especially true for Fall 2015 with Sigma Kappa coming back because they don't have a frat they are "known" to associate with and that may change up the entire game.

Just remember that when you go through recruitment everyone, including the girls in each sorority you talk to, is nervous. It is very much a mutual selection process in that while you're looking to get to know them, they are trying to get to know you in a short period of time to figure out if you would fit in. Trust the process, if you don't get your first choice there is a reason why (it's not personal)!

By: hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.