facebook

fall 2013 rush

by: RushNoMore

Fall Rush 2013---302 girls rushed -120 get in--not worth the effort, time or $35 for a tshirt since there are not enough pledge spots. All the "Gamma Chi Moms" said "if you're not socially awkward or a felon you will get a bid". So not true. The whole rush process was misleading. Note to Panhellenic Council you should limit the number of rush applicatants, which would help the current active sorority members since there are only 6 sororities on campus. Maybe the sororities enjoy seeing rejected rushees crying and making a scene in front of their houses. If so, I'm glad I didn't become Greek because I would never want to do that to another peer. Not a positive experience and don't think much of the sororities and their members.

Posted By: RushNoMore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

I can assure you chapter members do not even see girls crying in front of the houses. They are way too busy recruiting.

By: sorority
#2  by: truth   

It's also a shame that if you choose to drop a house you didn't really get to drop them. Girls had to repeatedly go back to houses they tried to drop. At other schools once you drop them, they're DROPPED. No matter how they rate you. Also yall should think about letting the girls actually rank their houses every night not just group them together. Definitely need to check yalls system and model it after other schools that have larger greek systems.

By: truth
by: nooneisnotweirdSep 27, 2013 6:06:30 AM

it actually does rank them your gamma chi might have told you wrong. the order you put them in on the yes column decides that.

By: nooneisnotweird
by: pangirlFeb 7, 2014 9:05:56 PM

Come back when you have accurate information. Memphis operates with the same system as all other schools with a Formal Recruitment process. It is all about maximizing a PNMs options - if you do not rank a chapter high, you might have to go back to them b/c your top choices did not invite you back. That is the same at any school. Quote this year was 41 and 5 chapters got at least that and DG got like 20, so that means over 220 of the 300 got bids (a lot more would have gotten bids if they had not dropped out!). Sorority is not for everyone, but you cannot go through with the mindset that you are only going to be an ABD or XYZ. Again, sorry you did not find what you were looking for, but your facts are WAY off!

By: pangirl
#3  by: Wrong    

You're numbers are totalllllly not accurate

By: Wrong
#4  by: nooneisnotweird   

there are still sororities that are doing informal recruitment due to mix ups. Nothing is perfect and were trying to get another sorority on campus next year. and over 60 people dropped out of recruitment, and that doesn't include the women that suicided on pref night so your numbers are definitely inaccurate just saying.

By: nooneisnotweird
#5  by: Just saying    

Each sorority had, give or take, 40 girls in their pledge classes...that's a lot more than 120.

By: Just saying
#6  by: Um no   

Actually, 229 girls got bids out of 302. Get your facts right before you state such a bold claim about the Memphis Greek system. Sorry you were one of the girls who didn't get a bid but theres no reason for you to be bitter about it and bash the Memphis Greek Community. We aren't known as a Greek school. It has a lot of growing and the system has a lot of adjustments to be made as it continues to grow. Overall, I absolutely love being greek at the U of M and wouldn't change a thing.

By: Um no
#7  by: jill   

any word if another sorority is coming soon ?

By: jill
#8  by: One   

If you didn't get a bid, you either suicided or dropped out.

By: One
by: OneJan 21, 2015 1:06:17 AM

No sympathy.

By: One
#9  by: nope   

This is completely inaccurate. Things such as GRADES (big one there), and suiciding on pref night should be taken into consideration. Also, every chapter got roughly at least 40 women. That is more than 120. The main reason girls get dropped early (i.e. first night) is because they do not meet the GPA requirements.

By: nope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.