facebook

sorority rush 2013

by: rushfall13

Hi everyone, I am a freshman at the U of M and I missed rush in the Fall of 2012 because I transferred mid-semester. I am going to rush in the fall, but I will be a sophomore. I do know a few girls in each of the sororities. I also take my grades really seriously. Any suggestions? What are the odds of me getting a bid from my first choice as a sophomore?

Posted By: rushfall13
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sorority   

Well rushfall13, some chapters dirty rush and already have their girls picked out. If you are not super involved and a go-getter, you will probably not get a bid from 2 of the 6. Keep an open mind during recruitment? about half of the women going through recruitment last year did not and they dropped out. Life's what you make it, and if your "first choice" doesn't give you a bid, it wasn't mean to be...

By: sorority
#2  by: mary jean   

You should get a bid. It may not be your first choice; however this is not a strong Greek school. There are plenty of opportunites at this school to be Greek.

By: mary jean
#3  by: goforit   

Go through recruitment with an open mind! Once you see every group, you'll know where your home is! :) Be yourself!!

By: goforit
#4  by: RushNoMore   

Fall Rush 2013---302 girls rushed -120 get in--not worth the effort, time or $35 for a tshirt since there are not enough pledge spots. All the "Gamma Chi Moms" said "if you're not socially awkward or a felon you will get a bid". So not true. The whole rush process was misleading. Note to Panhellenic Council you should limit the number of rush applicatants, which would help the current active sorority members since there are only 6 sororities on campus. Maybe the sororities enjoy seeing rejected rushees crying and making a scene in front of their houses. If so, I'm glad I didn't become Greek because I would never want to do that to another peer. Not a positive experience and don't think much of the sororities and their members.

By: RushNoMore

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.