facebook

sororities

by: Greeksister

What sorority is the best on campus? I am transferring next year to UMaine and I definitely want to rush a sorority, but I want some feed back at which one everyone thinks is the best.

Posted By: Greeksister
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Justbehonest   

It truly depends on what you're looking for. I don't know much about all the sororities but I know that they're all very different. Chi-O and pi phi seem to be the more popular sororities. And they're all nice girls. Pi Phis all live together in an apartment building, so even though it's not a house they're all living together. And then chi-o has a house as of right now but they are moving out at the end of the semester because the fraternity that owns the house is getting their charter back. Dphie is the newest sorority on campus, they seem nice enough but they haven't really established their place here yet. I know a couple AOIIs and they always have been nice to me. I'm not super familiar with dz, phi mu or alpha phi. I rarely hear good things about alpha phi but I don't know any of them personally.

By: Justbehonest
by: freshmangirlApr 18, 2014 10:29:14 PM

Hey, the previous reply was pretty much spot on. The only thing I wanted to add was one of my best friends is a sister of Delta Zeta and she loves it, the sisters are all really close (there is about 60 of them) and the ones I have met are awesome. Deff. do formal rush! Make sure you have nice clothes for meetings and socials and formals (semi-formal wear) and you have to wear all white when you pledge so bring that. Also, you'll learn that dues vary considerably from about $250-$500+ a semester so be prepared for that.

By: freshmangirl
#2  by: rushhh   

I'd say Alpha Phi or Pi Phi. A Phi does not haze from what I've heard and they are outstanding. Pi Phi seems really fun too.

By: rushhh
#3  by: Formal Recruitment!!   

There are awesome qualities about every sorority and the only way to know where you fit is to go through formal recruitment! So many people on this site say great things about their own sorority but for the sake of recruiting or because of petty rivalries, blast the others. The truth is that there are incredible women in every group and you should give them all a chance if you want to find the place where you fit best! If you go in trying to find the "best" sorority, then you may not end up happy in the end, go with where you fit!

By: Formal Recruitment!!
#4  by: love    

Delta Zeta!

By: love
#5  by: rank   

Top 4: Alpha Phi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Chi Omega, Pi Beta Phi
Middle: Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Zeta
Bottom: Phi Mu

By: rank
by: ^Oct 31, 2014 9:10:05 AM

this is so wrong

By: ^
#6  by: greek   

Agree with comment 6 minus aopi they're definitely middle not top

By: greek
#7  by: ha   

AOPi on the same level as DZ and DPhiE?? hahahahaha
Nope, core four, DZ and DPhiE, and then Phi Mu on bottom. Comment 6 was spot on.

By: ha
#8  by: ha   

AOPi on the same level as DZ and DPhiE?? hahahahaha
Nope, core four, DZ and DPhiE, and then Phi Mu on bottom. Comment 6 was spot on.

By: ha
by: greeklifeAug 30, 2014 8:41:47 PM

uhm yeah no one hangs out with aopis hate to burst your bubble

By: greeklife

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.