facebook

sorority help

by: rushee

Can someone give brief descriptions of the sororities and some pros and cons maybe? your help is much appreciated!

Posted By: rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Xoxo   

trust your gut during recruitment.

Phi Sigs - by far the best looking sorority on campus. Most of them are super nice, others like to think they’re better than everyone else. They can come off as being a little stand off-ish but get to know them, some of them are so sweet some of them can be rude

Chi Sigma Omega - super chill. You meet these girls and you automatically feel welcomed. Definitely one of my top picks. Have nothing but good things to say about them. Sisterhood is strong. ur destined to make good friends with them. Local sorority but always doing big things.

Lambdies- some of them are nice, some can be pretty awkward to have conversations with. Get to know them on your own and make your own judgement. Only con is that they’re known to be weird but overall the girls are very sweet.

Delta phi epsilon - the diversity in this chapter is on point! they won greek week and sorority of the year. Nice group of girls who are always involved and supporting other orgs in and outside of cpc. can be a little awk but they’re funny and down to earth, decent looking girls who know how to party.

AST- not sure why they have such a bad rep or why ppl are always talking so bad about them. Highest GPA, cute girls, always supporting other orgs and always friendly. Always fun to party with and they r hilarious. The drama they have is always known. some of the best girls you will meet at UIC.

By: Xoxo
#2  by: Flames   

(I’m no particular order)
1. Phi Sig Sig: They are known for their “typical” sorority feel. They are the biggest on education I think. They’re pretty popular on campus. A lot of the girls are gorgeous, one was/is Miss Illinois. I know a lot of them get along with other sororities and frats. However, I remember when I rushed I was talking to one girl and she kept rolling her eyes and not listening to me, I felt like I had a stupid interaction and ended up talking about how much I like her makeup. I didn’t fit there but if you do then good for you. They’re not the worst, they can improve but everyone can.
2. Alpha Sigma Tau: I believe they have the highest GPA within CPC. However, I saw on a total frat Instagram that they did something nobody would be proud of. I’ve also heard they paided to get any comments that remove this to keep their rep. Also, I don’t hear a lot about them. They’re national but they’re no where near well known on campus. Other than that I don’t know what else to say other than get to know them and see if you fit in with them.
3. Chi Sigma Omega: They’re the newest sorority in CPC being like 7 years old I think. I’ve heard that they’re a rip off of Chi Omega. I can honestly see it, but I mean that’s their sorority. A lot of them are somewhat popular and cool. Some get featured on UIC stuff. They have travelers and love to party if you’re into that.
4. Lambda Zeta Chi: They are really small (but someone else said sororities at UIC are small anyway so keep that in mind) and really close with each other. In my opinion they are more accepting and open than the other sororities, because they care about the type of person you are/goals vs thinking about looks and stuff. Some are really close to IFC and the multicultural feats. They’re stepping up their game but they can improve. They really keep to themselves I think so I can’t say much else. They’re real girls along with DPhiE. They have so much to improve but I can see them giving DPhiE a run for its money.
5. Delta Phi Epsilon: These ladies are killing it. This past year they really stepped it up. The older classes have some mean-popular-shallow girls but I think the newer class is really sweet and pretty. They work their butt off to get connections and have a strong sisterhood. They LOVEEE to party, go to festivals, etc. They’re really just killing it overall. Some bad apples but if they bring in a good new class this fall they will probably have more nice girls. Keep up the amazing work ladies!

By: Flames

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.