facebook

Would it be stupid to rush as a junior?

by: transfer

i’m transferring next year to uic as a junior. i honestly didn’t even know uic had greek life until like an hour ago. i’m mostly just trying to meet people and make friends but i don’t know if it’d be worth it to join a sorority junior year. would that be weird? lmk

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sure   

You can there are some sororities that won’t want you cause you’re older like the Phi Sigma Sigma’s. I’d join during spring semester if you can cause fall this year was rough af. No one knew what they were doing at the council level which screwed all of us over who were trying to recruit. If you do spring you cut out the council as the middle man.

By: sure
#2  by: yes   

I say do it, as someone who went through recruitment this past fall i'd say wait until an actual in person recruitment bc virtual was rough af and all 5 sororities would be rushing. reach out to the instagrams bc some might not recruit in spring bc of their numbers

By: yes
#3  by: do it   

Definitely do it. I think recruitment only costs like $15 so might as well try it out and see if you find your home. Even if you don't want to join one you will definitely meet people though the process that you can keep it touch with after recruitment

By: do it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.