facebook

What is rush like??

by: fall2020

I'm an incoming freshman and I'm interested in joining greek life, what is the sorority recruitment process like and what events does UIC offer so i can find out the most about greek life

Posted By: fall2020
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wait to Join   

Honestly I’d just wait for spring to join Greek Life. I think that fall recruitment if it happens will be online since campus only allows 70 people in a room at once and recruitment week deals with around 300 people. Each sorority has their own signature event, if you look online you can find out their signature events and philanthropies to find out what aligns with you the most. There are two different kinds of sororities offered on campus, cultural and then through the CPC organization. If you join Cultural Greek life you will get hazed that’s a promise. If you join CPC you are less likely to get hazed. I know a few that don’t haze at all but CSO hazes the most out of the CPC sororities. This is just common knowledge because they don’t do a good job at hiding it. Like the 3 rocks by BSB if you join you will have to go and paint them at night later in the semester when it gets cold. You have to make sure the paint colors they tell you cover the rocks fully by sunrise. So basically, just look into which ones connect to you and if you get in don’t feel pressure to continue if you are being hazed. If you play your cards right you won’t be in a Greek Org that hazes but do your research and you’ll hear more around campus about who does and doesn’t haze. Also just be yourself you’ll talk to a lot of smart women and you are more likely to find where you fit if you aren’t putting on a show. Typically you just go meet the women and based on your interactions and interests will be the deciding factor if they offer you a bid. Also it’s not called rushing on campus because that’s a hazing word (that’s a key to see which sororities haze or not if they use the word rush because those who don’t are extremely strict on not using it and will correct you if you say rush)

By: Wait to Join

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.