facebook

do transfers get bids?

by: wannarush

HI ALL!!!
i just got my acceptance to UCONN and cant wait to start in the fall. i was thinking of rushing for a sorority, but was wondering if i would even get a second glance as a tansfer student. I am 24 and going to be a sophomore or junior (i dont know how many credits they will accept)

I went to the community college and got my RN and now am going for dietetics. I am ambitious and a hardworker, but i know i am older than most pledges will be.
i'm looking for an honest opinion. If it's not worth my time please let me know

Posted By: wannarush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: J   

Why would you even pledge as a 24 year old. Thats just sad really.

By: J
#2  by: wannarush   

well they didn't have sororities at the cc, and this is my first college experience. I am going to be dorming at the school anyway, and i would love to be greek. I love the idea of having friends with common goals and interests, and wvwn though i am older, i still enjoy going out and having fun. Maybe i might not shack up with as many younger frat guys, but i am fun.
i like what sororities stand for and the philanthropy. I love the oppurtunities that are there after graduation, and really i just want the whole experience.
is 24 really too old?

By: wannarush
#3  by: truth   

I would say its worth a try! Just go for it and see what happens, because you honestly wont know until you try.
Honestly, some sororities may reject you because of your age, but if you go to every party on every day you are guaranteed a bid from somewhere. So rush! If you dont like where you end up you can always drop your bid

By: truth
#4  by: FratGuy   

Honestly I rushed my fraternity late due to transferring as well. Age isn't the problem as it will probably make you closer with girls older as you are closer to their age. Really it's how many years you have left and can contribute to that organization. So if you are transferring in say your of sophomore status and have 3 years left here at UCONN and you should be fine. Any organization caught up on your age wouldn't be worth your time.

By: FratGuy
by: GuestJun 3, 2014 2:39:35 PM

"frat guy" ^ your nice

By: Guest
#5  by: TSM   

in my sorority one of my best friends is 21 and she's was only a freshman when she rushed because she came to school late. don't worry about age, if you want the full experience and want to be greek, do it!

By: TSM
#6  by: WTF   

Why the hell would a normal 24 year old want to hang out with a bunch of 18 year olds? Your ship has sailed granny!

By: WTF

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.