facebook

new sororities

by: wow

Supposedly there are two new sororities coming to campus. Discuss.

Posted By: wow
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yayy   

They're both amazing organizations :) I was at both of the presentations. AOII is tentatively coming in 2016 if the panhellenic board then believes it's the right time to bring them onto campus.

By: yayy
by: ..?Apr 16, 2014 9:23:31 PM

Coming to campus as in next fall? officially?

By: ..?
by: yeahApr 16, 2014 9:53:37 PM

I think AChiO is coming next year and than AOPi will be coming later as yayy said

By: yeah
#2  by: bishhhh   

I've heard that AChiO will not be going through formal recruitment.

By: bishhhh
#3  by: AXO   

AXO will be colonizing at uconn in the near future. AOPi won't. They don't have enough alumni support in CT

By: AXO
by: falseMay 9, 2014 7:39:06 PM

uconn panhellenic chose them to colonize when the next opportunity presents itself (meaning when the # of girls going through rush is large enough to warrant another house on campus). after getting chosen, whether the organization does or does not have enough alum support in your eyes doesn't matter anymore. they wouldn't have applied in the first place if they didn't have enough alum support since organizations do actually think these things out carefully.

By: false
#4  by: gixo   

so AChiO is not going through recruitment? how will the house have girls then? and what does colonizing mean? i know that they will be there next fall because it's on the greek page under pan sororities. can someone fill me in?

By: gixo
by: hi!May 11, 2014 8:04:02 PM

I think it would be sort of like how SAMMY started. They had a small group of guys that started to get things lined up, then had a small spring rush (at least that's what I think I heard someone tell me, though I'm sure more went into it...)

By: hi!
by: QMay 11, 2014 10:49:16 PM

Usually a new sorority will have a spot only during first round for information purposes, then they conduct a big open recruitment by themselves after formal recruitment is over.

By: Q
#5  by: Greek   

Perfect timing for new organizations to be opening up in wake of the upcoming/past suspensions. Always welcome to additions to Greek Life, strength in numbers. AchiO is very strong nationally and is middle tier to upper tier at most universities so I'm looking forward to seeing how they start off. No doubt things will be rough in the beginning but with strong leadership I'm sure they'll be fine.

By: Greek
#6  by: Alpha Girl   

As an Alpha Omicron Pi alumna, I am beyond excited to hear that AOII will be joining Greek Life at the University of Connecticut! 🐼🌹🐼🌹

By: Alpha Girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.