facebook

transfer in sororities?

by: jonhae

Hello! I am going to be transferring to UConn next fall. I definitely want to be in a sorority. What's the chance of getting in some of the better sororities as a junior transfer? Which ones also? Please be honest. Thanks!

Posted By: jonhae
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honesty   

Not as good. Claim your a sophmore.

If anyone questiond it or brings something up, your transfering in technically as a junior but because UCONN screws transfers/channging major/some excuse, you have an extra year and are basically a sophmore.

It will better your odds. Why have you when you will be gone in two years when they can get girls who will be here for 3 or 4

By: Honesty
#2  by: The truth   

Don't listen to the person who commented before me. I transferred to UConn as a junior and was really apprehensive about going through recruitment because I had heard stories of girls who were treated different as juniors/seniors going through rush and unlikely to get into a sorority. However, this is NOT the case at UConn! Tons of girls who I went through recruitment with were either transfers, upperclassmen, or both! Now, I'm in an amazing sorority and I could not be happier that I didn't listen to those stupid rumors.

By: The truth
#3  by: johnae    

thanks! which one are you in, just curious.

By: johnae
#4  by: Hunter   

There are different options depending on what you're looking for, as far as being involved goes, Delta Gamma and Delta Zeta have decent philanthropies and are pretty close knit groups. If you're looking to have guys chase you like cash, Kappa Kappa Gamma tends to have a pretty high rep around here. That's not to say that there aren't smoke shows in DZ or DG

By: Hunter

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.