facebook

lookin to rush

by: New Student

I’m an incoming freshman and I’m interested in joining Greek life. I want to rush a frat that cares about grades but also has fun. I’ve heard some of the frats that have higher GPAs don’t pledge. I have friends a year ahead of me at schools with and without pledging, and the ones that pledged claim to be a lot closer to their brothers and pledge class. Is there a frat at UConn that fits this (decent gpa/pledging/fun)?

Posted By: New Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Real Advice   

You're absolutely right that pledging creates strong bonds with your bros, and hard pledging creates even stronger bonds. The more established fraternities on campus like AEPi, ADP, ZBT are going to have better brotherhoods and more social offerings than other fraternities that have either no pledging or light pledging (see below) because their pledging is known to be more difficult. Though, the more challenging the pledging is obviously means that you're going to have a tougher time doing well in school that semester. If you stay on top of your classes during your pledge semester you should be fine, and even those fraternities probably won't mind too much if you miss an event because you have an exam the next day. Then again, pledging is only a semester and you'll have 7 more to make up for it, if necessary.

At the end of the day no matter what fraternity you choose, they will likely be concerned with grades, because if their brothers do poorly in classes that will reflect on the organization and could mean IFC repercussions for them. Because of this, I'd say all of the fraternities truly care about their brothers doing well, but only a couple are going to have that fun and brotherhood you're looking for because of their pledging process.

And in case you're wondering:

No pledge process: SigEp
Easy: DTD, Beta, Sammy, PiKapp
Moderate: FIJI, PhiDelt, AKL, AlphaSig
Difficult: ZBT, AEPI, ADP

Also look up "uconn greek life gpas" for an average gpa of every frat

-IFC Guy that put too much effort into this

By: Real Advice
by: WowJun 22, 2019 6:36:15 PM

@real advice - Definitely wasn’t the adderall that helped your efforts but good job we need more of these kind of responses on Greek life instead of BS people trying to be funny

By: Wow
#2  by: Yes   

Agree with above, all care but some are harder than others. If you don’t do the best one semester you can make up for it in several other semesters. Go where you feel the most comfortable.

By: Yes
#3  by: Nick   

Just as long as you don’t rush pikapp you’re going to have a good time bro lmao

By: Nick
by: NickJun 29, 2019 1:50:43 PM

And for that matter akl. Stay away from them and you’re living

By: Nick
by: YesJun 29, 2019 7:13:42 PM

Can’t emphasize enough, as far away from AKL as humanly possible.

By: Yes
by: Phi boyJun 30, 2019 4:04:51 PM

Phi delt rush chair going hard af ^^

By: Phi boy
#4  by: Lolo   

Pretty sure the only frats that pledge lightly (minimal to no drinking, few to no intense events, etc) are Dtd Sammy and pikapp. And then sig ep doesn’t pledge at all. If you pledge the others, you’re in for an exciting and creative bonding experience lmao.

By: Lolo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.