facebook

i already hate my sorority

by: 2123ewfsd

I'm a new member and I already am not getting good vibes from my sorority. Is there a way to drop out if I already signed papers? Most of them are fake and honestly, NASTY. We had our first social this week and only the other new members were nice. The sisters were not friendly and when I tried to talk to them, they didn't say anything back and just looked down at me like they're Regina George. On Snapchat, a sister posted a picture of a new member kissing a guy to make fun of her, which I thought was pretty uncool. I regret joining already. Do you think this will change and I will end up liking the girls? I like my fellow new members, but not the sisters :/

Posted By: 2123ewfsd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :(   

DG sucks I know :/ there is a way to drop the sorority, you just have to wait a year before you can rush again!

By: :(
by: :((Sep 18, 2016 10:30:40 AM

^let me guess... theta????

a lot of my friends are all in different sororities and say similar things about the older girls not giving them the time of day, too. it sucks, but if you have close friends in your new member class, you're already better off than other girls in other sororities, as sad as it sounds.

still, as long as you haven't been initiated yet, you can drop and rush a different again next year. just know it'll be harder to get into the one you want next year, and all the sororities are more or less the same dynamic -- some will be nice, some will be mean. my advice is, if you're still hating it more than you love it a week before initiation, then drop.

By: :((
by: I disagreeSep 19, 2016 11:22:54 AM

I don't think they're all the same dynamic, and I think that this girl made the wrong choice in where she decided to go. It could be worth it for her to go into recruitment again and choose LESS ON POPULARITY and more on vibe. But she would have to drop before initiation.

By: I disagree
#2  by: Abc   

Stick with it for the rest of the new member process. I'm sorry the sisters in your sorority haven't been the most welcoming, but also try to remember that you never know what someone else is going through that day too. I'm sure the sisters in your organization would love to get to know you better. I'm sorry it's been rough. But take the time between now and initiation to become closer with the new members and sisters and if you really don't like it still then drop before initiation.

By: Abc
#3  by: honestly   

to be honest if sisters think they're above new mems, thats not cool. I'm not sure which house you got, but being in my organization I know my sisters have been nothing but welcoming to the new girls. and also being someone who was looking for a little, i would never act that way towards new members. If you don't like it try spring rush!! its more relaxed and you can actually get to know people before making a decision.

By: honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.