facebook

spring rush and open bidding

by: CeceD

how common is it for sororities to do open bidding or spring rush? What is open bidding?

Posted By: CeceD
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: So   

It really depends on the sorority. Continuous open bidding is when a sorority is not at total and chooses to take more members in an informal way. Just because a sorority is not at campus total doesn't mean that they need to do COB. Girls can also have a hard time getting COB bids because connections matter.

If you still want to go Greek, you should look into the AOPi colonization. I'm not sure where exactly in the process they are, but I think they are definitely worth looking into and will actually consider you.

By: So
#2  by: COB   

I got a COB bid last fall, I chose to not go through recruitment but then I ended up falling in love with a chapter and decided to go through with it. COB is much like frat rushing, where its small events that you really get to know the sisters, not fake 5 minute conversations like formal recruitment. I was really happy with my decision. My sorority is doing COB just because pledge classes ended up being smaller than we were expecting, because so many girls dropped recruitment. Not everyone does it, but its somewhat common. If you didnt rush but now regret it, like me, COB is worth it!

By: COB

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.