facebook

recruitment

by: Pnm

Hey, so I'm going through sorority recruitment this fall and could someone just tell me what the different days are and what to wear for each day?? I don't know that much about sororities so if someone could give me a brief overview of the rush process and what clothes are appropriate to wear for each day it'd be very appreciated. Thanks!

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sororitysenior   

Hi!! Recruitment begins the first friday of the fall semester/ labor day weekend. The first day is scholarship day, girls typically wear something cute and not too fancy. Think shorts, skirts, rompers with cute sandals. You should avoid wearing leggings, dirty sneakers, yoga pants on this day, i know it's technically a school day but you really should want to put your best foot forward. The next day is philanthropy day, outfit wise this day is also more casual too, much like scholarship day. A lot of guides online will tell you to dress more conservative for recruitment, but honestly we're not that up tight here at uconn, like don't look like you're going to the bar but also don't dress like you're going to a job interview, just look cute and trendy. For movie day (sunday) and preference day (monday, also bid day! yay!) wear sundresses with heals. These days are less casual, think like what you would wear to a summer wedding. For preference day, I would avoid wearing black or white dresses as many sororities wear those colors that day. General tips for recruitment is bring a bag, you can leave the bags in front of the houses before you go in, put food, perfume, deodorant, mints, flip flops, make up, etc. in this bag, trust me those are long days and if you don't live near husky village you won't have time in between rounds to freshen up/ touch up your make up.

By: sororitysenior
#2  by: rush   

-Scholarship Day-you will talk to each house for just about 20 minutes (you'll talk with about 3-4 sisters per round) about get-to-know-you stuff (ie. major, hometown, interests etc.) and academics, for outfits on the first day think trendy and comfy (nice shorts and top, romper, nothing too fancy but you still want to look nice) at the end of this day you will submit your first rankings of the houses

-Philanthropy Day- you'll get a slip with all the houses you've been asked back to, slightly longer rounds where conversations will focus on the philanthropy (charity) that they support, wear the same kind of thing as scholarship day
at the end of the day you'll rank the houses again.

-Movie Day-you'll get another slip, takes place at the houses in Husky Village, the rounds are about 30-40 minutes today and you'll have a little more in-depth conversations and will watch a video made by the sisters, wear a nice sundress and heels/wedges/nice sandals, like something you'd wear to an outdoor wedding
At the end of the day you'll rank the hoses again.

-Preference Day- you'll get called back to a maximum of 2 houses for this day, rounds are almost an hour each, so you will have a long conversation with one girl who you talked to earlier in the week. at the end of pref you will sign your final rankings (called the MRABA) and wait the long 5-6 hours until bid night!!!!!

By: rush
#3  by: Freshman   

Are jeans okay to wear the first two days, if they have minimal rips but the outfit is still put together?

By: Freshman
by: NoJun 27, 2016 11:42:18 PM

No

By: No
by: rushJun 28, 2016 1:55:57 PM

you could definitely wear white or colored jeans or some nice dark jeans, but you might feel a little underdressed compared to some other girls who will be wearing rompers/skirts/nice shorts

By: rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.