facebook

phi mu house?

by: pnm

I have been reading both Panhellenic and Phi Mu’s website but neither say anything about where their house is? I know they are new, but they have a house right?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nah   

They don't have a house

By: Nah
#2  by: ??   

they don’t have one and looking at boulders property’s rn they probably won’t be getting one for a long time

By: ??
#3  by: pnm   

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but if they don’t have a house where do they do stuff? Like have meetings/hang out/have events? Doesn’t that take away from the experience? My mom was in a sorority and has taken me to her old house before, all her stories center on it so I guess I assumed all sororities had to have one?

By: pnm
#4  by: Haah   

They dont have one, property is incredibly expensive in Boulder and they are brand new. The have a "future house" fee members pay for when they can actually afford to purchase a house, but the girls there presently do not expect to ever live in. For chapter they use a room in the UMC (student union) and for events they are supposed to partner with other panhellenic sororities, but because they think they're too good for anyone or like rebels or whatever they actually just piss off the community by partnering with frats and fail to complete risk plans, which actually just endangers the status of the panhellenic sororities on campus that actually abide by CU's rules so we dont get idk THROWN OFF.

By: Haah
by: LolAug 16, 2019 5:40:28 PM

Someone’s salty

By: Lol
by: liesAug 30, 2019 2:52:31 PM

this was probably written by a tri delt lmao.

By: lies
#5  by: lol   

They don’t have a house and probably never will. Not a real sorority without one, just an overpriced club.

By: lol
by: SoAug 29, 2019 7:25:01 PM

Who’s to say they won’t get one? Sororities have strong nationals

By: So
by: buffyAug 30, 2019 6:08:08 PM

Sororities are also businesses. They will pay millions for houses (I have a friend who’s a phi mu at Alabama, a couple years ago they got a brand new $10+ million house a couple years ago) but they will only do it if they are confident the chapter will be successful/if real estate is cheap/if someone gives them a house. One year is certainly not enough to deem anything a success or failure yet, real estate in Boulder is not cheap, and I’m not a phi mu but if someone was handing over a house/plot of land to build a house I feel like people would have heard of it by now. Who knows what will happen in the future but based on what I have experienced in this community I would be really surprised if phi mu ever gets a house. Unless some generous benefactor steps forward, they probably won’t be getting one anytime soon and I don’t see them getting to the “success” threshold where a nationals would be willing to spend millions without a house. Seems like a crappy situation for them all around.

By: buffy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.